Originally posted by dubkatz:
well between you, Eric and I. Im sure we can pull a tranny change a clutch in a weekend. Did you want to do anything to the tranny? diff? forks? syncro's? flywheel? Or just strait clutch.

Well yes I'd love to do a torsen and synchros - but I'm just going to leave it at the clutch for now. I already have the SVT flywheel - so I'll probably just need to get it machined a bit for cleanup.

I figure with 80,000 miles of UDP life on the car it's only going to be a couple of years now before I'll have to throw a 3.0 in there , and I'll do the whole shebang then or sell it before it blows up.

Also - the pre-98 trannies supposedly (from Terry) had the strengthened spiders to begin with and had a better shifter forks that rides on ballbearings. Since I've never heard of a pre-98 blowing a diff I'm inclined to believe him. My shifting is pretty decent when warmed up with the redline fluid - so I'll just make this a "quick" clutch swap with a new rear main oil seal just in case.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT