Originally posted by Nate'sTour:
Dave, what do the broken pumps look like when you remove them? I mean are the impellers okay & such.
Any visible signs of damage or warpage?

The only thing I can think of is the mounting surface between the pump & block is faulty, or now not flat anymore...

How often has Ford changed it for you. That would be a good place to start and investigation to see why you keep getting failures. A complete history of your waterpump problems (shown to the shop manager) might go a long way towards solving the problem..

Good luck!

The pumps look ok. They just start leaking out of the seepage hole. The impellers look great. Funny thing is you can almost time when it going to happen. The two advance auto water pumps started leaking exactly two weeks after I installed them. The two ford pumps started leaking 4 weeks after they were installed. Almost to the day.

The Ford place changed it the last time with the whole assembly including the housing.

The bearings in the water pumps are still real tight when they go bad. They still have plenty of tension when you turn them by hand. I've looked at the belt turning when I replaced the pumps the first few times and they appear to be turning straight so that rules out the pulley and tensioner.