Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by StealthWyvern:
The most i got out of my stique was 550 miles to the tank 100% highway miles at 100+ on I-10. BTW I was on empty but my light didnt come on nor did the car start to sputter.

550 miles on even 15 gallons is ~37mpg.

Top that off with the fact the wind drag at 100+ mph would knock off about 10-15% of the MPG you are now at (40-42MPG)

Then consider that the rpm levels required to sustain 100+ MPH would easily drop another 10-15% of your MPG you are now above 45-48MPG

Then if we consider your fuel light never came on and it comes on with about 2.5 gallons remaining and figure all these calculations on that fact you end up with an amazing number around:

60MPG

I think you should be marketing that because the auto manufacturers would pay you billions for your Miraculously low fuel consumption.

um... im not even sure if my car has a fuel light... All I know is what the speedo read and the tripe meter thing and that my guage was on in the red past e and the car didnt even act like it was low on fuel. Either that or your calcualations are way off my man.

97 Mystquie GS - I4 ATX died at 168K 94 Pontiac Crap AM SE - 2.3L I4 5spd 2002 Mazda Protege5 - 2.0L ATX