Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Quote:

no it really is the waterpump, it is located right behind the flux capacitor....this second waterpump was installed in second year production after doc brown was out-running the lybians, he noticed a slight overheating in the plutonium chamber....it keeps the 1.21 gigawatts a little more controlled....

Sorry, forgot about that....

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
For what its worth....Ford has built engines with two waterpumps. The venerable flathead V-8 from 1932 to 1953 had two waterpumps - one for each bank of cylinders. I ought to know, I learned to drive in a Ford pickup with the 'high performance' version (100 hp) of the 231 cid V-8. Yeah, I KNOW I'm old.

-Mark- '99 Mystique LS, totally original (including the original water pump and the premium stereo)! Bought new in December 1998 for $21,000. 208,000 miles
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Beachboy:
For what its worth....Ford has built engines with two waterpumps. The venerable flathead V-8 from 1932 to 1953 had two waterpumps - one for each bank of cylinders. I ought to know, I learned to drive in a Ford pickup with the 'high performance' version (100 hp) of the 231 cid V-8. Yeah, I KNOW I'm old.

Well, there you have it. This would certainly explain the confusion. Your mechanic clearly thinks he is working a Ford flat-head V8. Understandable mistake.

RUN, don't walk, away from that shop!!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I had a Chevy with two water pumps. The one in the rear was to get the water out of the trunk!

John Alessi Torredor Red #1915 of 2150 Born 27Jan2000 G/S No serious mods allowed 1986 SVO Mustang
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
i have one that really take the cake, was having the car towed because it would not start so i let the tow driver hear how it sounded and he told me that it was the timing BELT, this is with the hood popped clearly stating that it was a V-6 and offered to change it for me. i declined because as i told him there was no way in hell my car has a timing BELT and he swore up and down it did. well when he learned it was the V-6 model he said Oh well It might not have a timming belt then. needless to say he will never work on my car

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard