Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by auiotour:

Oh man, so many pretty LEDs.

BTW Llane, i checked out the tutorial, great job man. I bet it was a lot of work, but it was a very cool thing to actually do. I've still got plenty of LEDs from when i bought before, but when i need more i'm definitely hitting you up.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
thanks man, I have never scene so many LEDs all at once, wow. It was a bit of a suprise, I had almost 2200 LEDs total. and about 1200 resistors. I am still working on the tutorial so. Some of the stuff won't be done till i get some people to do the pre98 stuff since I don't have it and have limited pictures now. I will try to get it done asap though.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Well I guess this is the place to ask even though the GB is over.

Would you recommend attempting this to someone who has never soddered at all , and doesnt really know what the hell hes doing? How difficult is it to sodder?

I want to do my door handles as pictured and pretty much everything I can , but the soddering has me a little bit worried if I could do it. Also cool tutorial , but Id probably need a full one! Maybe after I do the guages or something that youve already written the rest would be easier.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by DimitriPopov:
Well I guess this is the place to ask even though the GB is over.

Would you recommend attempting this to someone who has never soddered at all , and doesnt really know what the hell hes doing? How difficult is it to sodder?

I want to do my door handles as pictured and pretty much everything I can , but the soddering has me a little bit worried if I could do it. Also cool tutorial , but Id probably need a full one! Maybe after I do the guages or something that youve already written the rest would be easier.

soldering wires isnt very hard at all. Just watch out for the iron. That [censored] is very hot. (got some scares to prove it)

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Soddering is easy, first you have two wires you want to be one wire, you twist or tape down both wires, so that the wires overlap each other. Then, you take a soddering pencil or gun, and heat it up, then take sodder, and put it on the wires that are gonna be soddered, touch the soddering pencil or gun to the sodder, it will begin melting and molding around the wires, once you see you have a good connection, remove the sodder, then remove the soddering pencil or gun from the wires. let it try, then pull the wires lightly to see if its a good connection if so. You just soddered your first wires. Its about as easy as that. Now, tearing things apart can be tricky, the head light control knob is evil, the dimmer switch is hard because the metal you have to sodder to takes forever to heat up, the master switch is a blast as it has a small piece inside that sorta floats, and doesn't go back together very well, mine still is broke and so is the one in my 95 se. Other then that they are all very simple. It sounds hard and complicated but is very easy.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Ok... I could probably pick the tools up at like Home Depot or Wal Mart or something?

And how/what could I practice on?

PS- Thanks for the quick and full replies

A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
order like 10 extra resisots, thats like $0.50 cents, then sodder then together to make different objects, good practice for cheap!

CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Great practcie... take apart an old vcr or radio or something, desolder the components and soler them back in. compare your joints to the existing ones.

I haven't seen so many leds since i decide to mass produce a "knightrider" circuit back in the day. Lol, made like 3 and got tired of it.

Thanks man! Looking forward to receiving the toys.

God graced us with intelligence, let's use it.
A
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
A
lol, good idea also with the vcr.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
when's the next gb happening?

1997 T-Red Contour V-6 MTX It HaS BeGuN!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard