Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Originally posted by nasty1:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
My suggestion would be a Hyundai Elantra GLS for $9,995 or lower.

The Elantra came in 2nd place in Car & Drivers comparo test of 10 budget compacts.
They raved about the engine 140HP, standard features list is very long and it handled well. Don't forget the 10yr warranty.
Current price in my Sunday paper are GLS 5spd or Auto for $9,995.

I would give the new Suzuki lineup a chance as well if your looking to keep it around $10K as financing is cheaper/easier on a new vehicle.

I agree. After all, look at the title of the post. I'm on my second Contour, and if anything happened to it (God forbid), I'd look for another one. My 2000 SVT had about 44K when I bought it, ran great then and now runs even better modded, turns alot of heads, and cost me an even $10G about 6 months ago. Maybe I'm missin something, but this is a Contour site, not a Japanese, Korean, etc, site. My vote is for another Contique. I don't need a lecture, this is just the way I feel. I love my SVT!!

PS. I found the car on Autotrader and financed through the dealer. Their rate was better than my bank or credit union.

lol, I agreem hyst thought I would state they kinda look nice. But no comparison. My family has been through 5 contours so far. I am the proud 5th owner, and just sold my 95 wednesday night.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.