Originally posted by TourDeForce:
My wifes cousin has had two Hyundai cars. Been great for her - only problem with the first one is she wrecked it twice & still got over 130k miles out of it. The newer one has been flawless.

Personally, I'd buy one on a budget, if it were comfortable enough for me (which they're not. I'm old & need comfort). 10 year warranty, can't sneeze at that. Cheap lookin' plastic - who cares. On a budget I'd rather have cheap plastic for 200k miles than nice leather dead in my car port.

I hear you. If I was in the position to by new I would seriously consider the Hyundai Sonata/Kia Optima. They've come a long way since their intros. The Kia Amanti at around $25-26K seems to good to be true. One thing I noticed at the last auto show I went to was on the new Suzukis. They don't make a big deal out of it, but one of the items on the stickers was "timing chain" on all, even the 4 cyl. Their warranties are good too. Haven't replaced the Misty's timing belt yet...hoping I don't have to.

- Jim Our yardbirds: Belvedere, our '96 Jeep Cherokee, 4.0L ATX, 85,000 and going strong Spencer, our '03 Chrysler PT Crusier, 2.4L ATX, 28,000 and just getting started