Dude, this wasn't meant to spell every single point out in that one post! This was meant to give the people looking for direct port nitrous a simple method to begin a custom project.
First, the fuel will atomize though how well depends on the shape of your nozzle. You can add some design changes to the tip to change the way it will atomize. A simple roughening of the tubing tip will cause some level of atomization. I think if you are going to bring up fuel atomization then you should be more specific about the various ways to accomplish it instead of just stating that these tubes won't atomize at all!

Second, the tubing system WILL FIT. I wouldn't post something like that without having had some practice with it, and if I did I would point out that I was merely speculating.
I have played with parts for direct port and I assure you that it will fit with some work. NOT the solenoids mind you but various forms of tubing in the system I described.

NOSzles have been discussed multiple times. They require the injector to sit higher as you pointed out.
HOWEVER, you can think out of the box on this one too....just countersink the injector boss and deepen the bore so that with the nozzle installed the fuel rail sits a bit closer to its design height. Then add some washers under the fuel rail where it bolts down so you can make it secure.
Disclaimer: this isn't the whole solution to the problem, it is only meant to provide motivation, ideas, incentive, whatever you want to call it. I choose to call it stimulation of creativity. I find it more fun to build my own equipment because no one ever makes it just the way I like it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black