news flash for you projectSHO89 the mechanic told me there is no way to test it with out taking it out. and i would have to wait till the car died. which it did eventually. why would i spend 500.00 to have my engine tore apart when they dont know for sure if that is the problem. first you should read up on the VCT solenoid and where it is located before you start shooting off your mouth. maybe when you get the same problem you will see for yourself there are many causes for this CEL to come on with this code. im not asking for pitty but this how things like recalls get accomplished is for the average american to complain to the company that made the parts. not wait till people start dieing in crashes because there vehicle stops running at 55 to 65 mph on a busy highway. they all dont fail in your driveway. as far as a few threads here on this board a few is three in my book and there are more than three. and if you check the internet like i did for imformation pertaining to this part you will find there are more than a "few". see i do my homework before i blow off my mouth and i am just trying to help others before they experience the same problm. this part had nothing to do with clean oil or dirty oil. if you see the part out of the engine you would see why . i also had this part tested and found that it was the selenoid not the collar that goes around the cam shaft. that part was fine. i have my oil changed every 3000 miles. i think maybe you need to take a close look at what makes your cam run you would be surprised that it runs at all.