Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Cookie Monster:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
I was just talking about she was riding at the back of the pack with you....she is known to run slow moving Contours off the road!!!

Well, OK then. I kept at the back because she was driving that SUV thingy with kiddies in it. I didn't know anybody very well or how the driving thing goes at these meets, so I just kinda hung back & made sure she & the young 'uns were OK. That high center of gravity in the SUV can make for some really excitin' twisties.

Things were going good until that friggin' traffic light.

Hey there's Jim....and there goes Jim.

<crowd whispering>, "Wait, come back Jim... Oh well."

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I was just talking about she was riding at the back of the pack with you....she is known to run slow moving Contours off the road!!!

Well, OK then. I kept at the back because she was driving that SUV thingy with kiddies in it. I didn't know anybody very well or how the driving thing goes at these meets, so I just kinda hung back & made sure she & the young 'uns were OK. That high center of gravity in the SUV can make for some really excitin' twisties.

You were halfway back to FL!!!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T

I kinda figured that is what you was doing, I really appreciated that, cause none of the other guys would do that.

and yeah that one twisty, I almost went into the trees. I am sure you seen that, it felt like I got on two wheels.

94 Honda Passport 4X4 yeah it's a Honda, what about it...
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ToMMyKnocKeR:

I kinda figured that is what you was doing, I really appreciated that, cause none of the other guys would do that.

and yeah that one twisty, I almost went into the trees. I am sure you seen that, it felt like I got on two wheels.

Nobody would've known. I wasn't gonna say nuthin' & I wife can't see stuff like that (thank God).

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T

You were halfway back to FL!!!

Like we say down here in Florida, "Stupid tourists!".

T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T

Nobody would've known. I wasn't gonna say nuthin' & I wife can't see stuff like that (thank God).

its not the first time that has happened, but I try not take my driving skills too far. I was always taught to be on my P's and Q's. and yeah i have a heavy foot. but next time I will not take the truck down that road. the other road that we went on last year on the ride down from franklin, tn..... that was ok cause it didn't have that sharp of curves, but this one was a whole nother ball game.

yeah the blonde learned her lesson......

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

its not the first time that has happened, but I try not take my driving skills too far. I was always taught to be on my P's and Q's. and yeah i have a heavy foot. but next time I will not take the truck down that road. the other road that we went on last year on the ride down from franklin, tn..... that was ok cause it didn't have that sharp of curves, but this one was a whole nother ball game.

I'm scared! I envy you though....I wouldn't have gotten near that road with anything like a truck......I hate driving my dad's Expedition because it is so high and I can't take corners like in the Contour.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T

I'm scared! I envy you though....I wouldn't have gotten near that road with anything like a truck......I hate driving my dad's Expedition because it is so high and I can't take corners like in the Contour.

then you must not be that good of a driver then huh.....

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

then you must not be that good of a driver then huh.....

No it is not that.....I tend to forget after a while and I take a corner and the wheels start squeeling. I drive that truck like my car....way too fast!

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard