Originally posted by DemonSVT:

The Quaife is notorious for hunting back and forth under countless situations. (one being having more power than stock!)

That is not conductive to putting the power to the ground and tracking in a straight line. Both of which are needed to have a fast, predictable, & good handling car.

'nuff said.

I do believe you may be overstating the case here. The bias ratio is different between the Torsen and the Quaife, but the Quaife does not cause erratic handling as you are suggesting. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Ask anyone here on CEG with one if they think their car has become harder to manage in a straight line since they installed it.

I personaly have driven many Quaife equiped VW's that are much faster than any Contour and one Cougar (Vortec equipped) and they didn't seem to have much of a hunting problem while accelerating hard. My buddy's 13.22 second Quaife equiped 92 GTI tracks straight as an arrow down the quarter mile. One question Demon - have you driven a Quaife equipped MTX-75 or are you going on internet heresay and second hand info?

Both the Torsen and Quaife are good products that will enhance the inherently good handling of the Contour. Not trying to bash you, just don't want you scaring people away from a good product.

Long time CEG'er back again. Fast 95 SE Faster VW's Hardcore VW Forums