Well here's an update:

Today I went over and for the first time saw just how bad the car was acting.

Here's what would happen:

You start the car, it revs up to almost 3000 RPMs, then, if it doesn't stall right away, it will just keep going way down to ALMOST stalling, and then SHOOT right back up to 3000 RPMs, and then go back down and ALMOST stall, and then SHOOT back up etc...etc...it would keep doing this like 10 or more times while idling until eventually it would just completely stall out.

Now, I finally bit and decided to buy a nice vacuum pump so that I could test the EGR valve out.

I first tested it with the engine OFF to see if the valve would hold vacuum. I pumped it to about 10" hg and it held there for well over a minute. So it passed that test.

Then I started the engine and applied 10-12" hg of vacuum to the EGR and it made absolutely NO difference at all!! I kept applying vacuum and then releasing it, applying and releasing...and the engine didn't respond at all!!

So, is it safe to say that there's a crap load of carbon that is not allowing the EGR valves diaphragm to close??

I just find it strange that the engine acted like it had a mind of it's own, constantly reving up and down, up and down, just about stalling and then shooting the RPMs way up...I think it made it a lot worse because the outside temperature was well below Zero, and we all know that the PCM doesn't even activate the EGR until it's reached operating temperature.

THANKS GUYS!!:)

PS Is it true that I pretty much NEED a 22mm Crowfoot wrench to remove the valve??