Uhh, the first time I did have the manual. I returned the manual because I was so pissed off that I could not get the struts out after following word for word, that I wanted my money back.

Simply stated, the A arms just will not drop low enough to remove the struts. Even when you put on spring compressors. I'll say it one more time. The A arms will not drop low enough to remove the struts. You really have two options. One, push the struts up or two, lower the subframe.

And what lower ball joint are talking about? The steering ball joint? Cause if you look at the pic it's already out.

The early SVT's had different A arm bushings.

Originally posted by Andy W.:
Originally posted by Shaun G:
Here is how I got mine out. I've done the spring/strut swap twice on a contour. The first time is took 11 hours because I/we could not get the struts out of the arm. The same problem you are having. The second time it took 3 hours using this trick below..hee hee

I supported the A-arm and the jack pushed the strut up just high enough to let it pop out.

To get them back in I/we dropped the subframe. I should have done that in the first place...live and learn.

Sorry but that is simply retarded! If you pop out the lower ball joint and slide the caliper mount backwards the struts pop right out! Get a manual!

-Andy