Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
Matt, any way we can purchase them direct? Instead of going through cafepress?

Shawn, nope, they do the printing and all that. if we get enough people together i could probably find a shop in town to do a short run of em... i'd rather just get this sorted. i have no idea who to contact about it though.

i sent the guy an email yesterday basically saying wtf, we paid for these cars, this is what i got back and i can see why they're stopping the print job until it gets cleared w/ fomoco

Hi Matt,

Thank you for contacting CafePress.com!

In order for you to receive a product from us with your images on it, you have to purchase it from us. That constitutes a sale and brings the arrangement in to the commercial realm where the copyright law then applies. Though the participants do own the actual automobiles, the automanufacturer still owns the name and likeness of the automobile. That is why it is necessary to get permission from them.

Sincerely,

Rick G.
Image Verification
CafePress.com
imageverification@cafepress.com

Last edited by Speed Demon; 02/26/04 04:09 PM.

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design