Originally posted by jerseycat10:
This thread is interesting. There are 2 groups of people.

Group 1: Those who are enjoying their new rides.
Group 2: Those who are envious of Group 1, and feel the need to air their envy publicly by bashing them.

A few people made the valid point that if you can swing it financially, then why not? If driving a new car makes someone happy, then all the power to them!

Exactly, envy. That's all it is. Just because I can sink $24,000 into a new car and have something new, and different for the first time in almost five years, right away it's envy. Sorry, I love my Contour, but it's soon time to move on and keep up with the times. I hope this group stays around for awhile, because our car's will always be the greatest, but I'm not making more than two car payments a month. I have a relatively new Explorer to pay off, and soon the Nissan, and a $1500 mortgage, and the list goes on and on and on. If I could keep the car as a "project car" I would, but I just can't.

02 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE, FULLY LOADED Old car- 99 SE Sport ATX w/ SVT body kit (for sale...asking $4,200 OBO), nicely modded, high-flow exhaust y-pipe back and KKM. 95K, but 95% are interstate highway miles back and forth to college everyday.