Originally posted by aaron_soccer20:
Hey, just curious whats up with the meets.... i saw u had one on te 13th, what is it really? just curious, i drive a 1998 Contour SE, and wanting to really put a lot into it and wondering if you could help or know someone who could, and let me know about the meet stuff... thanks

Aaron

Hey, welcome to the board. You'll find all the information you need about modifing the Contour on here. I don't know what you mean by "a lot", but probably the biggest bang for your buck mod would be a 3L conversion if your SE is a V6. You can find used 3L's with under 10K miles on them for below $600. If you're just doing a straight swap, I'm sure you can get away for under $1500 for the swap. This engine is out of the Taurus or Escape. Just be sure on the Taurus that you're getting the Duratec version and not the Vulcan motor. Anyway, there is a 3L forum to discuss that. There's also a lot less expensive mods that can give you good results, but the 3L will bring you up to the 200hp mark up from 170hp and I believe 200ft-lbs of torque too. Anyway, look around have fun and show up to one of the meets, I'm sure you'll have fun.

Well onto the original intent of this post...

Don't get too discouraged JS139. I think between the hollidays and the bad weather it is much harder to pull people to the meets. I here what you're saying about people saying they'll be there and then they don't show (however there are definitely more important things to worry about in life). For all of you out there that haven't planned a meet or even attended one, I don't think you realize how much effort has to be given. I myself I have planned 2 or so meets, both of which have been fairly successful, but it took a lot of my time to do so. I have a few tips for those of you wanting to plan meets that seem to have worked well in the past:

1. Have one person, maybe 2 depending on how large the meet is making the calls on when, where and what to do. You have to put your foot down and just tell people the way it is going to be, you can't please everyone as you've already figured out. If 8 people are trying to have a say in what should be done, nothing will get done. You seem to be doing very well on this one.

2. Have an agenda! Tell people where to meet, what time, and have a pretty concrete plan on what you are doing.

3. Give plenty of notice! Both of my meets that I've planned and a couple of other peoples meets that have been successful have given almost a month notice if not more.

4. Show up! Obvisouly the person planning the meet better show up.

You're well on your way to having a good meet on the 18th. Infact I was planning on getting a meet together in Portland either that weekend or the next, so maybe I can convince some of the Oregonians to make a drive towards Olympia. I'm sure 2-3 or us would probably be able to make it up that direction.

Unless the weather is good, going on a drive would kind of suck. I suggest possibly some indoor go-karting to kill some time (if there is any around there). Also lunch and obviously the hanging out talking about cars thing.

Good luck! You can PM if you want to or just make a new thread about the meet.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph