Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Yesterday I came home to play some NFSU on my 46" widescreen Mitsubishi and I had a problem. My tv wasn't displaying everything properly, the words had shadows, it did the same thing on cable mode and component video mode. So I scroll thru the menus and find the convergance screen. I go thru the convergance stuff and I cant line up my reds and blues vertically. Horizontally I can but not vertically. I find that there is something wrong and I call Mitsubishi only to find out I did what they recomend. They tell me to call a certified repairman. I say ok, well since its out of warranty I take matters into my own hands and see if I can fix it. Now I know nothing of projector tvs other than they have a red green and blue firing deals in the back with lenses on top of them. I figure on of the lenses got cock eyed or something because when people walk on the floor heavily I can see the screen shake. When I get in side the tv I learn how to focus the lenses but that doesn't fix my problem. Then I take the red lens off to see if there are some adjustment screws around it and don't see any. So I go deeper and take off the cover that covers the firing thing. Then I see this rubber thing. Maybe there is something under the rubber that I can adjust? Nope nuthin but some sort of liquid that spills out all over the circuit board! Now I'm pretty sure I messed up bad but I dunno. A repairman is coming on saturday but dang, I shouldn't have gotten in the guts. oh well live and learn. Oh, does anyone know what that oily liquid was that spilled out? myself

2004 Evolution VIII cams-exhaust-tune 315whp 12.7@109
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Probably leaks oil like all Mitsubishi's.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Is it blowing blueish smoke too?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by PackRat:
Probably leaks oil like all Mitsubishi's.

lmfao

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
haha fellas

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
It sounded like the focus or convergance was out (nothing terribly expensive), but after dumping liquid on the board?

No clue, but I hate to say that it doesn't sound cheap now.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JaTo:
It sounded like the focus or convergance was out (nothing terribly expensive), but after dumping liquid on the board?

No clue, but I hate to say that it doesn't sound cheap now.

Hopefully the liquid was non conductive. It was pretty oily. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the focus but it was the convergance. Dang,

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I have never heard of a component on any board that holds "liquid". Good luck and keep us posted.

If the TV was off, spilling liquid on it is not necessarily a death warrant. Just make sure the board is dry before its turned back on. If it was on, yes.

In my former job, we would wash the mobo's that came in for repair in a cleaning solution if they were really dirty.

Bless our servicemen & women overseas. L.Cpl Ian Malone, 1st Battalion Irish Guards, R.I.P.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by todras:
Is it blowing blueish smoke too?

LMAO!!!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ

Link Copied to Clipboard