Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I just hope in the end, we aren't paying $300+ for some 'pretty' OEM lights

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

I have a pretty good feeling that we won't be getting "pretty OEM lights" from Dean.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er

I have a pretty good feeling that we won't be getting "pretty OEM lights" from Dean.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by 69Boss302:

you can say that again

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
Let him come up with his thoughts and pix and then we'll decide. DISAPPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE ONE OF THE CHOICES. I am very confident in Dean's abilities to keep all of us very happy and pleased with the results.

Well said.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
IT,S ALL GOOOOOD

New Pics of OUTKAST 1!Sept2006
O
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
O
How about angel eyes in the headlight assembly?

New Pics of OUTKAST 1!Sept2006
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by outkast:
How about angel eyes in the headlight assembly?

the thought crossed my mind. but as you probably have seen throughout this post, there is a wide array of ideas on what kind of lights should be used. here's the scoop...

PLEASE READ... (LONG)

we can make just about ANYTHING for ANY car out there. however, when it comes to doing custom things per individual, it gets very costly. For example, EACH of the taillights on my mystique took about a TOTAL of 20-25 man hours from refabbing the quarter panel to the final stage of buffing out the clear. I don't think many people in this world would want to dump the money equivalent to 40 hours of labor for a pair of lights. So, here's my goal...

Goal of these "Morette style" headlights. I am playing around with different ways of making a durable custom assembly. I know these units are going to be used on a lot of 98+ contours that are driven daily and in many different driving conditions. This is the pain in the a$$ part. I WILL NOT PUT THESE OUT FOR SALE UNTIL I AM CONFIDENT THAT THEY WILL HOLD UP AND LOOK GREAT FOR A LONG TIME. I don't want to be thought of as another "APC" type company.

I know it may seem like things are taking a while, and I must say yes, this is a little tricky, but the bulk of the time has been taken up by looking and staring and imagining. Kinda like what pauly tuttle does on orange county choppers lol. But anyway, once the first set is finished, RGSOUNDF will be driving around with them on one of his contours. He drives his car daily, and under many different weather conditions. From his feedback I will be able to determine if there needs to be any changes made before more are made. It's a lengthy process, but any of you who have done quality custom bodywork know it takes a while.

Deposits: Some of you have mentioned that you'd be willing to make a deposit, however, i do NOT want to take any deposits. I am using my own money because its easier to keep track of, and mainly because I don't want to feel pressured. I am a patient and thorough person who is taking on a number of projects, so I will keep this post updated probably once a week. My next post should include a picture of at least one prototype. I just ask for your patience and understanding.

In the meantime I'll be posting a few CEG sales and group buys to hopefully make the wait feel shorter:)

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
But anyway, once the first set is finished, RGSOUNDF will be driving around with them on one of his contours. He drives his car daily, and under many different weather conditions.

Zetec this is, Duratec has to wait...

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Quote:

I don't want to feel pressured

but dean, arent you Under Pressure Automotive?
Just bustin ya.
Take as long as you need. You seem to really care about every ones satisfaction and that is a VERY good thing.
Cant wait to see the prototype

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard