CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
check your PM's Dean.....

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
i wouldnt get too on his case about PM's. I am sure he is flooded with questions.

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
D
D
I have a '98 Contour and I want HID headlights but please forgive my ignorance. I don't know enough about the different options to make an informed decision. I was originally thinking about putting in an HID kit using the existing headlight structure. Is this possible? I would like to keep the stock look as much as possible and also keep the corner lights intact.

David
davidgpo@msn.com

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by David S.:
I was originally thinking about putting in an HID kit using the existing headlight structure. Is this possible? davidgpo@msn.com

yes.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Originally posted by David S.:
I was originally thinking about putting in an HID kit using the existing headlight structure. Is this possible? davidgpo@msn.com

yes.

but is it the best option? no.

projectors w/ hids will be your best lighting option.

personally i wouldn't mind an HID kit on stock lights tho.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
If you only make the lenses, then...

a) won't it be possible that problems akin to the Milan Motorsports lights will arise, namely leaking and fogging?

b) it won't increase lighting performance any since it will (as I understand it) use the stock lights still?

If this is the case, why don't we just look into getting a Morette looking lexan piece to clip over the front... sort of like pseudo-Morettes, but much cheaper. Then they'll look like Morettes, and there is no cutting or sealing involved.

Point being... this isn't what I had expected, or hoped for. Please tell me I'm wrong!!

Diesel owns you
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
My friend has the "headlight covers" you speak of on his Jetta. Made the car look 10 times better, but I'm scared to drive with him at night...."are your lights on?", I would NOT get headlight covers.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
We're gettin off the subject. I've seen projector style covers for Cavaliers, too, but that's not what Dean is talking about. Let him come up with his thoughts and pix and then we'll decide. DISAPPOINTMENT WILL NOT BE ONE OF THE CHOICES. I am very confident in Dean's abilities to keep all of us very happy and pleased with the results.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by mbSVT:

a) won't it be possible that problems akin to the Milan Motorsports lights will arise, namely leaking and fogging?

b) it won't increase lighting performance any since it will (as I understand it) use the stock lights still?

If this is the case, why don't we just look into getting a Morette looking lexan piece to clip over the front... sort of like pseudo-Morettes, but much cheaper. Then they'll look like Morettes, and there is no cutting or sealing involved.

Point being... this isn't what I had expected, or hoped for. Please tell me I'm wrong!!

As I understood it, he's fabbing something that will replace the front lens, and allow installation of the Hella-style round lights. These lights include their own reflectors, and would be much better than stock, whether HID or standard halogen.

I think the point of retaining the stock light housing is for ease of mounting in the car, not for use of the stock reflectors or bulbs.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by mbSVT:

As I understood it, he's fabbing something that will replace the front lens, and allow installation of the Hella-style round lights. These lights include their own reflectors, and would be much better than stock, whether HID or standard halogen.

I think the point of retaining the stock light housing is for ease of mounting in the car, not for use of the stock reflectors or bulbs.

OK good, that's what I was hoping for!!

Diesel owns you
Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard