#815311 01/17/04 12:36 PM
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by parkedcar:
BRAVO...well put

Agree. Why then not to buy Mondeos - not lights but the cars themselves on Ebay.uk.com - and never have to mod anything?
The entire idea behind Dean's initiative was NOT to pay over 800 bux and NOT to engage in heavy mods involving body shops and whatnot...

#815312 01/17/04 03:40 PM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by mikey boy:
hey dean, here is an idea that i have been working on with the post 98 morettes. what if you used two smaller projectors and then used the space on the side as a vent.

then fab up some sort of CAI to get true cold air in. for the other side just use the space as a vent for the bay? i have started in a a set of post 98 headlights (thanks big joe) but i am not that far along.

I really like the idea of something that will allow a CAI to be put with it. We try all sorts of things to get cold air into the engine-IMO, this would seem to be a good way of doing it. Geez, we're even looking at a moveable hood scoop in a GB. just my 2cents

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
#815313 01/17/04 09:56 PM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I think I just...let me check...yup, gotta change my shorts.

I like that vented headlamp idea very much.

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
#815314 01/17/04 11:02 PM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
BRAVO...well put

Agree. Why then not to buy Mondeos - not lights but the cars themselves on Ebay.uk.com - and never have to mod anything?
The entire idea behind Dean's initiative was NOT to pay over 800 bux and NOT to engage in heavy mods involving body shops and whatnot...

Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
NO

modify the lights themselves...I never said anything about what you're talking about.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
#815315 01/17/04 11:44 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
Originally posted by 69Boss302:
I think I just...let me check...yup, gotta change my shorts.

I like that vented headlamp idea very much.

Agreed but I'd be happy with just about any mrette-like conversion setup although the vented deal looks really good and has a good functional purpose to it.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#815316 01/18/04 01:01 AM
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
BRAVO...well put

NO

modify the lights themselves...I never said anything about what you're talking about.

Modifing the light them-selves pretty much means a new case/molding etc. You would have to start from scratch. It isn't any different than what this thread is all about.

#815317 01/18/04 05:37 AM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Well, I hate to break this to you, ZetecNinja. What you are talking about is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The Morettes are molded with a different height, width, and the overall molding is a different shape. How do you intend to change the headlight? You cannot bash it to size. You cannot re-mold it. You cannot melt it. Without extensive bodywork, it is just not gonna happen.

Additionally, say that Mr. Joyce could make true Morettes work without bodywork. It would cost the $450 to ship them to Mr. Joyce, a pretty good amount for his work, and then more to ship them to your doorstep. You're looking at $600 minimum. Who wants to pay $600 for a headlight that has been modified, and possibly compromised in strength and durability, when you could pay $450 and get a product made in the great U.S.A. and get an original un-fooled-around-with headlight from Mr. Joyce? I know I would take the latter.

No offense intended, just adding some input from a man whose trade is in fabrication.

-Big C

There's a difference between a Euro and a Ricer... Don't cross the line... Anything-Goes C.C. Co-Founder
#815318 01/18/04 07:27 AM
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BigC:
Well, I hate to break this to you, ZetecNinja. What you are talking about is like trying to put a square peg in a round hole. The Morettes are molded with a different height, width, and the overall molding is a different shape. How do you intend to change the headlight? You cannot bash it to size. You cannot re-mold it. You cannot melt it. Without extensive bodywork, it is just not gonna happen.

Additionally, say that Mr. Joyce could make true Morettes work without bodywork. It would cost the $450 to ship them to Mr. Joyce, a pretty good amount for his work, and then more to ship them to your doorstep. You're looking at $600 minimum. Who wants to pay $600 for a headlight that has been modified, and possibly compromised in strength and durability, when you could pay $450 and get a product made in the great U.S.A. and get an original un-fooled-around-with headlight from Mr. Joyce? I know I would take the latter.

No offense intended, just adding some input from a man whose trade is in fabrication.

-Big C

You guys missed the Entire point of what Zetec was saying. He was just sugesting buying ONE set of morettes to use as a guide, a template maybe to aid in the construction of ours, but not to actaully sell to us, because that would of course be way to expensive.

ATX -
Originally posted by bnoon:
Get enough HP/TQ and some traction and you can race a ricer one handed while sipping a slirpy. Nothing wrong with that.

<font class="post"> 16.251@85.42 mph
#815319 01/18/04 10:32 AM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
Originally posted by BigC:

-Big C

You guys missed the Entire point of what Zetec was saying. He was just sugesting buying ONE set of morettes to use as a guide, a template maybe to aid in the construction of ours, but not to actaully sell to us, because that would of course be way to expensive.

exactly

and why would you NOT be able to modify the morettes?

modify the lights themselves to fit with our stock fenders, grill, etc...then use the modified morette to create a mold

why is this not possible and worse than starting completely from scratch?

money is the only issue I'm seeing with this idea but when the finished product is released the money will be made back many times over.

Last edited by ZetecNinja; 01/18/04 10:44 AM.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
#815320 01/18/04 01:02 PM
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by crusinmercury:
You guys missed the Entire point of what Zetec was saying. He was just sugesting buying ONE set of morettes to use as a guide

Still we are looking for about 8 huns here. I don't think that anybody is willing to enter into this kind of expenses...

Page 23 of 37 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 36 37

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard