Print Thread
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37
#815291 01/12/04 10:27 PM
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
lol, "ttt" got me to look. prototype should be ready by the end of january. ive been bogged down making seat mounting brackets:)

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
#815292 01/12/04 10:42 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
cool

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#815293 01/16/04 01:01 AM
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
the vent looks akward!!

#815294 01/16/04 01:19 AM
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
why don't you just make a conversion kit to fit the Morette's?

that set-up / design looks super hot, car design school graduates obviously did them.

please don't add any "vents" or make it look more "Mean/pissed"

remember, this is not a "Fast & Furious" thing, more a Euro Tuner thing, more understatement, less flash. the goal is for more performance, not to get pulled over by the cops because you have something that looks different.

they should be black plastic to be painted to match the body - forget about the carbon fiber, it's a fad (just like Fast & Furious looking things)

#815295 01/16/04 02:54 AM
E
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
E
Personaly I would paint them body color but I would'nt consider carbon fibre "fad"

"God Got a Good One" 1982-2004 I love you JLM!
#815296 01/16/04 04:41 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by NorCalSVT:

that set-up / design looks super hot, car design school graduates obviously did them.

remember, this is not a "Fast & Furious" thing, more a Euro Tuner thing, more understatement, less flash. the goal is for more performance, not to get pulled over by the cops because you have something that looks different.

they should be black plastic to be painted to match the body - forget about the carbon fiber, it's a fad (just like Fast & Furious looking things)

First off, the idea i believe behind this is for one, make something that fits the car correctly and isnt the $$$ that the morettes are. If i remember corectly the real morettes are VERY expensive, plus its not just the mounting that isnt right its the over all shape.
Second, these lights are to be DIFFERENT from stock. So why not make them mean and pissed off looking. i dont think they will be "flashy" but i sure hope that they wont be an understatement. Thats one of the reasons i will be first in line when deposist open. Headlights are obvioously not performance mods so why compare it.

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
#815297 01/16/04 05:58 AM
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
wouldn't it be easier to just have a set of morretts sent over here and then fabricate em to fit our cars...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
#815298 01/16/04 02:58 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by parkedcar:

Headlights are obvioously not performance mods so why compare it.

If you don't care about the performance of your headlights, why not just paint them to look like morettes? Then you can have little holes for your "Cool Blues" to "shine" through.

The only justification, in my mind, for spending hundreds of dollars on headlights is to improve the lighting, esp of the crappy early lights, so I can drive faster at night on rural highways. Those little round hellas (or whatever) are much more efficient at projecting light down the road than that design-constrained squished ellipsoid deal that came on the early cars.

But then, I'm not part of the group buy. But if this turns into a F&F mod, there'll be no future sales potential at my house, either.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
#815299 01/16/04 03:40 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
wouldn't it be easier to just have a set of morretts sent over here and then fabricate em to fit our cars...

are you serious?

Diesel owns you
#815300 01/16/04 04:39 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by parkedcar:

Headlights are obvioously not performance mods so why compare it.

If you don't care about the performance of your headlights, why not just paint them to look like morettes? Then you can have little holes for your "Cool Blues" to "shine" through.

The only justification, in my mind, for spending hundreds of dollars on headlights is to improve the lighting, esp of the crappy early lights, so I can drive faster at night on rural highways. Those little round hellas (or whatever) are much more efficient at projecting light down the road than that design-constrained squished ellipsoid deal that came on the early cars.

But then, I'm not part of the group buy. But if this turns into a F&F mod, there'll be no future sales potential at my house, either.

let me rephrase myself. Headlights dont makem your car faster. lol,( but try convincing a ricer of that) obviously i want better lighting along with some badass style

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
Page 21 of 37 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 36 37

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard