Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by XKontour98:
98 contour Se,interested in the projectors for sure, want something that can handle rocks, and is paintable. I'd pay up to $500

To me, what they are made of is a moot point, I just want something that will handle the rocks, etc and is paintable. As I said before, if they are painted on the inside like Hightowers, that would be perfect, or is that the way they would be anyway?

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
As I said before, if they are painted on the inside like Hightowers, that would be perfect, or is that the way they would be anyway?

Either you're not clear on the concept, here, or I am really misunderstanding you.

The Hightower treatment takes a large plastic assembly with a clear lens and paints those internal pieces of plastic that are not directly involved in shaping the light beam.

The morette treatment eliminates the big plastic bubble assembly. There is no longer anything inside the light to paint.

Please peruse this thread again, where you will find pictures of the morette treatment on pre and post 98, and of the very small, but dedicated and efficient, Hella light assemblies that mount in the morette frame.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
98.5 SVT
Would pay up to $500
Any paintable material.
Projectors preferred.

99 E1 SVT Black/Tan, MSDS Headers, SHO-Shop Y, BAT Intake, Opt. TB, UR Clutch/Flywheel, Quaife, B&M, Konis, GC Coilovers, Pulley, Mintex Pads, 17" MAS Italy Rogers, Nitto 215/45/17, Portmatch, 138K
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
1. 99 svt
2. Fiberglass is fine
3. $400 range
4. Any time

To keep costs down, can we examine the possibility of using oem lights from integras?

98 3.0 svt: Sold
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
98 CSVT
fiberglass/plastic
400-600 depends on style
asap
if you can make them that would be really great.
Have you tried contacting Morrete?
Johnny

Built April 18th 1998 #5770 of 6535 Reborn: July 11, 2004 3L and gone again 12/13/2005 new ride: 98 Silver frost SVT with all my old goodies!!!!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
wow, i finally got on here this evening and it looks like there's definately a huge interest in these things! thats great because the more buyers, the more reasonable the price. i've had a sudden surge of biz this week thankfully, but will continue to gather your suggestions and input over the next week or so and answer any questions you may have. i'm thinking of getting a set of those hella projectors and a set of my old 98 lights to get an idea of fitment and shaping of the new style. i am very picky, so please be patient:) with it being christmas and all, things are hectic, but i'm going to try my best and manufacture a product worthy of....

if for some reason i dont respond on here fast enough, please email me at dean@deanjoyce.com
sometimes i can't login to these boards.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
if i may make a suggestion:

I've been watching these group buys for about 6 months and so far i have NEVER seen one go smoothly. Unless you absolutly need the start-up capitol, make the lights and then sell them once they are done. I understand that with some of these GB's they need the money before hand to begin production but if it is possible to not do that, it seems a GB would go much better. Just my two cents. Or maybe just limit it to 5 people with a qurentee that if all goes smootly, you will open a GB for the rest of the people at the end of the first one. Just an idea.

Good luck.

'99 SE 2.0L 119,000 Miles No Real Mods, but its clean as a bitch! My mentality is money orientated I'm destined to live the dream for All my peeps who never made it. -AZ (Life's A Bitch)
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
the way i see it people do these Group buys all wrong. what you should do is make a product first and then say, "hey who wants one?"
there is no reason to gauge interest in morette lights for example because you know that the interest is going to be high, well for now it is anyway. the steam always seems to run out of these things because it takes too long to make a product.
CEGers seem to be impulse buyers. show them the product and their eyes glaze over, druel runs down their chin, and they are ready to spend. give them more than a week to think about it and they start backing out of stuff or losing interest.
just a thought or two. by the way i still want two sets of pre-98 in whatever you make them out of. thanks.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
99SVT
Carbon fiber prefferably

Gimmie a definite production schedule and price (under $500) and i'll pay you in advance for it.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
99SVT
Carbon fiber prefferably

Gimmie a definite production schedule and price (under $500) and i'll pay you in advance for it.

i should have an idea of production time, cost, and for what year/model the first sets will be made for. luckily i have access to a pre98 myst, a pre98 contour, a 98+ myst, and a 98+ contour
i dont want to accept any money until i at least have a set made for my car to show as an example.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
Page 6 of 37 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 36 37

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard