Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by nando1856:
Originally posted by dbzjr:
Umm... you won't really have to worry too much about shielding and whatnot. To be honest, you won't be able to tell the difference in sound with Radio Shack RCA's and expensive super twisted, silver lined, gold plated, ultra-mega-alpha-beta-gamma wave resistant RCA's. Just go with what you want to spend, and if you want it to look Golden.. or plain.

Ren

You can definitely tell the difference between cheap RCAs and the more expensive ones. I've tested it myself. One time I compared some RCA brand RCAs that I got at wal-mart to some RF white wolf RCAs on my house sub. The difference was incredible. It felt like the sub put out like 50% more power. I've also done some other similar comparisons before and I can always tell the difference between the cheap ones and the expensive ones.

You should give Richard Clark a call and set up an appointment to win $10,000.

1999 Ford Contour SVT #900/2760 (SOLD) 2005 Mazda 6s 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Originally posted by dbzjr:
Umm... you won't really have to worry too much about shielding and whatnot. To be honest, you won't be able to tell the difference in sound with Radio Shack RCA's and expensive super twisted, silver lined, gold plated, ultra-mega-alpha-beta-gamma wave resistant RCA's. Just go with what you want to spend, and if you want it to look Golden.. or plain.

Ren

You can definitely tell the difference between cheap RCAs and the more expensive ones. I've tested it myself. One time I compared some RCA brand RCAs that I got at wal-mart to some RF white wolf RCAs on my house sub. The difference was incredible. It felt like the sub put out like 50% more power. I've also done some other similar comparisons before and I can always tell the difference between the cheap ones and the expensive ones.

As long as you think you can hear a difference, more power to you. Spend all the extra money you want. I will take inexpensive wire and have equal sound.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I'm all for cheap Radio Shack wire. I can't afford drivers that would make a difference apparent. Maybe if I had 10,000 dollars for a custom setup...

Un-Official NE-CEG "I'm the only person I know who likes Contours"-er. Occifer, I'm drunking I really think! -98 SE Sport w/ audio and repairs. -E-Mail> imprettymuchaloser@yahoo.com -AIM> IDriveA911
D
D
Originally posted by devonb_37:
I'm all for cheap Radio Shack wire. I can't afford drivers that would make a difference apparent. Maybe if I had 10,000 dollars for a custom setup...

You would still be wasting your time. I'm all for getting some good quality wires ( www.Knukonceptz.com ) but I see no reason to pay any kind of premium for sound. Pay a premium for pretty interconnects or better quality terminations, but keep in mind that the sound will be the same.

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H

50% more power...

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H

The sub put out 50% more power... LOL you iz the authority on audio shizzle

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:

The sub put out 50% more power... LOL you iz the authority on audio shizzle

What? I thought the sub powered the amp, which in turned created outstanding highs and mids through the HU. That's how it works isn't it guys...Guys?...Isn't it?

Un-Official NE-CEG "I'm the only person I know who likes Contours"-er. Occifer, I'm drunking I really think! -98 SE Sport w/ audio and repairs. -E-Mail> imprettymuchaloser@yahoo.com -AIM> IDriveA911
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Let's just say that the ears are playing tricks on those who can tell the difference

Remember this is why we're at war! I'm now officially a troll! 2004 Saturn ION QC with Sport Package AIM/AOL: animusshinigami
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
difference in sound???? i highly doubt it. better cables may be more durable or be prettier or whatever. hell i doubt it but, maybe have a slightly cleaner signal, but i dont think it would be audible. but 50% more power????????????? i mean .... that's it???? man you gotta get better cables. ever since i picked up the knu konceptz, my pyramid amp actually really does put out 10,000,000,000,000 watts. see the rca's are the secret to car audio. it dont matter if your whole setup consists of pyramid and pyle, and it dont matter if everything was installed completely wrong, cus when you get good rca's everything sounds better. man now my roadgear subs hit harder than a 13w7. i also hit a 168 in lastyears dB drag. so don't delay get some new rca's today

this thread is called yet another audio idiot question, but it wasn't. it was actually a good question that deserved a good answer. but what it should be called is another good audio question with an another audio idiot answer. 50% more power???? i don't see how this could be true, maybe if your old cables were duds,like they were not making a tight connection and it was getting like half the signal or something, but i still cant see it making that big of a difference.and if this was the case that dosent mean every cheap set of cables is bad, you just got a faulty set

blue 95 se MTX alpine 9805 2 diamond 12" cm3's tuned to 38 hz 4 pioneer 3-ways(POS) jbl bp1200.1 pimpin hoes, like the river flows..... constantly!
P
path914 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by path914:
All right, my understanding is that I need a 4 channel RCA from the hu to the amp, then a single speaker wire set to each crossover, then two speaker wire sets from each crossover to the tweet and driver. Sound about right?

Sorry to interrupt all the wonderful RCA talk , but can anyone give me a simple answer to my previous question. Thanks

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard