Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
So far, any Ractive products that I have sold/installed, I have found to be good quality. However, I have not sold or sat in their seats yet. In the pictures they look like they are constructed well and durable, yet I have a feeling they might not weigh much less than an oem seat.

Most of you who know me know that I'm strict when it comes to quality and I stand behind the products that I sell. I think what I'll do is order a pair of these, weigh them, and install them in my Mystique so that I can test the fit. In the meantime, like I said in the first post, let me know if you'd be interested in a set if the quality/weight/price is good.

just in my personal opinion, i dont like these seats at all, i was gonna buy them a few months back when i had my civic cuz i liked how they looked, and the price i got was good too, $400 for the pair, but looks can be deceiving. they had them out on display and i sat in one and i didnt like how they felt at all, way too stiff and fabric not so comfortable. but i guess if ur just going for a nice look, then this is the way to go, how can u beat that price. but if you're really looking for high quality, comfortable seats then dont bother with ractive. i think ractive has really good quality products because thats almost the only brand i used on my civic, and i was very impressed with all of it, but for seats, just didnt quite cut it for me

P.S. my friend just bought them for his civic, and he doesnt even really like them, he just wanted them for looks since the car is mostly for show

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
The carpets are not expensive at all. you can get them for like $130ish from 1aauto.com. Installation is time consuming, figure about 2hrs to get everything right, plus the time it takes to take all your original stuff out.

I ordered a pair of black Ractive's today. We're going to install them in my neice's (amanda95se) contour and do a "how-to" on the installation. We'll also work on a way that'll allow useage of the stock belts for those of you who don't want to use a harness every day.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

just in my personal opinion, i dont like these seats at all, i was gonna buy them a few months back when i had my civic cuz i liked how they looked, and the price i got was good too, $400 for the pair, but looks can be deceiving. they had them out on display and i sat in one and i didnt like how they felt at all, way too stiff and fabric not so comfortable. but i guess if ur just going for a nice look, then this is the way to go, how can u beat that price. but if you're really looking for high quality, comfortable seats then dont bother with ractive. i think ractive has really good quality products because thats almost the only brand i used on my civic, and i was very impressed with all of it, but for seats, just didnt quite cut it for me

P.S. my friend just bought them for his civic, and he doesnt even really like them, he just wanted them for looks since the car is mostly for show

This is why I ordered a set, to test them out for comfort as well as fit in a Contour. I am confident with my Corbeau and Sparco line of seats because they are definately of good quality, but we shall see how these Ractive's are and if they need a little more back support like the magazine was hinting, then maybe something as simple as an inflateable lumbar would fix the problem.

My 98 Mystique, Sponsored by Under Pressure Automotive 914-204-7263 Business AIM: UnderPressureNY (Discount quotes for CEG'ers) Personal AIM: DJ12524
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by DeanJoyce.com:
This is why I ordered a set, to test them out for comfort as well as fit in a Contour. I am confident with my Corbeau and Sparco line of seats because they are definately of good quality, but we shall see how these Ractive's are and if they need a little more back support like the magazine was hinting, then maybe something as simple as an inflateable lumbar would fix the problem.

yeah, the bottom of the seat itself is a little stiff but not bad at all, its the back that was driving me nuts. the back is too narrow and it makes ur shoulders hit the sides of the seats. (maybe its just me)

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR U never told me about that! If you did it would proly held Bud back for another 3 hrs

Don't worry RG, when we take care of you ebrake boot, we'll run some neons to under your seats for ya. i would imagine you'd like some blue ones?

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Blue all the way. This kid in my school just sold me 3 Ractive blue gauges he got for his Integra right b4 he totaled it. I got 3 of 'em for like $80 - and guess what - all are blue

D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:
Blue all the way. This kid in my school just sold me 3 Ractive blue gauges he got for his Integra right b4 he totaled it. I got 3 of 'em for like $80 - and guess what - all are blue

thats an awesome deal! hey find out what year his integra was... i may want the motor, or if it was a rear end crash i'll just take the whole front clip. please find out:) i need a 1.8 Ls motor realllllllllllllly bad and have the $ for it.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
man i cant wait til next summer

1998 Silver SVT Contour A.K.A. "The Saint" Devilish Kustoms Chester, VA
D
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
D
ok, just to update everyone that might be interested in a set of these seats. i have tested out the passenger seat and so far so good. i've had about 5 different people sit in these seats and the only thing negative that 2 of them said was that the back is lacking lower back support. rather than curving in to contour the the lower spine, its rather flat. also, the shoulder bolsters stick out forward a bit more than most other seats and may press into your triceps a little depending on your height.

as far as mounting them: the corbeau seat mounts can be used, however, corbeau will not honor any warrantee if their brackets are used in conjunction with any other brand seats.

SOLUTION: I am going to produce a line of seat mounts for the Contours/Mystiques. These mounts will offer quite a bit of "adjustability" so you can "fine tune" the position of your seat not only by sliding it forward and backward, but also from left to right (left to right is only adjustable with tools).

CORRECTION TO ORIGINAL POST: The $399 price is for a pair of Ractive seats WITH sliders. To mount these seats securely into your contour/mystique, you'll need to purchase the mounts. I should have a set finished and installed in my mystique with pictures and a "how-to" by new years. just wanted to keep you updated. next update will be 1-1-04.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Sweet. Can those little air bags be used in the seats for lower back support??

Also, what is the material and cushioning used like compared to the more expensive seats?

Sounding good so far

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard