Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Ok this confuses the heck out of me. ok I want just a streetable cam, i'm not going forced induction besides maybe nitrous later, i have basic boltons and i want some powergain. what am I going to want to buy and are these direct or will they take custom fabrication. I dont want to drop 1400 dollars and get the wrong cam. And whats this with roller and all that, what does that mean?
sorry for the retarded questions but i dont want to waste $$

99 CSVT****TRADED IN**** 98 CSVT *SHO Y-pipe *Magnaflow Exhaust *highflow cat *KKM intake *Rousch springs *ST200 Struts *19" Axis Sevens 2004 Blue Chevy Cavalier *Groundcontrol coilovers *debadged
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Installed Pressure (N @ Spec. length)
Intake 228N@39.99mm (51lbs@1.57in)
Exhaust 228N@39.99mm (51lbs@1.57in)
Service Limit 10% Pressure loss @ 30.09
Out of Square Limit 1%
Rocker Arm Ratio 1.8:1
Hydraulic Valve Tappet ******
Diameter (Std) 16-15.988mm (0.6290-0.6294in)
Clearance to Bore 0.018-0.069mm (0.0007-0.0027in)
Service Limit 0.016mm (0.0006in)
Hydraulic Leakdown Rate 5-25 seconds

The standard mondeo/duratec heads come with a hydraulic tappet.

You can upgrade to full rollerized assemblies for more rpms/less friction

As for cam selection I can definatly help you out with that. This is my speciality but I need to know where you want the power, whether your 3.0 or 2.5 auto or manaul and all the bolt ons that you have. What intake assembly your using. What heads and with what mods. What exhaust upgrades, and what final drive ratio. What your future plans are also. These are drop in. When the cams come out and get shipped i will have a set and ill have my set before anyone has theirs. So there will be a how to on the drop in and more then likely a video. Just so no one goes crazy and messes up the install.

I figured the price would shake a few. But like i said the offer is open until they stop making the cams

Ex-cat cams dealer. Today we do motor mounts.. Tommorow. Intake manifolds
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Travis good job with getting this GB going correctly. I'll be getting in contact with you after x-mas to get me some of these cams.

1998 T-Red SVT (SOLD) #4230 BOD-12/5/97 99 3L and stuff 2003 Jaguar X-Type
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
I think iv got 2 or 3 hooked over in NECO forums and 1 confirmed over here. Anyone wanna give me an in or out?

N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
Whats the deal with these cat cams? havent heard anything in a while. Its after christmas now, and surprisingly ive got a bit of cash flow.

How much for a set of 4 'stage 2' cams?

well you tell me... Ive got intake SVT upper/lower/tb/Brullen Y/2.5" quazi dual exhaust/will gut my precats

I want a boost in low end tq and a damn noticable increase in HP over 3.5krpm, preferably passing the 200whp mark for this kind of money.

Not saying im spending the $ for this reason but im tired of the dick i work with continuously trying to put me down by saying his Acura-TL will run circles around my "crappy *mercury engine* powered" car... itd just be nice to hand him his jap-crap loving ass one day.

Last edited by NeilsCougar; 01/07/04 05:24 AM.

(Roush/Bilstein/B&M/K&N/SVT/Magnecore/EBC/Mintex/Brullen /TruBendz/Kumho/AMSOil/Speedhut/Llumar/Silverstar /Visteon/Eurolite/Sony/Rockford fosgate/Kenwood /MBQuart/PBX/KnuKonceptz)
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
1400 Iv got the cam stages setup the way i want them. I can give you straight stage 2`s but the setup I can get you into will be better in most ways. Youll get alot more torque. Are you Manual or Auto?

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
How does 'your' setup differ from the Stage II's? And what is the price difference if any?

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
There isnt any price diffrence. Its just that when they first come from the factory they make them "straight up" you get a 216 cam or a 224 cam on intake and exhaust. But alot of times you dont need as much exhaust, or you need more intake cam to get a better spread of power. Having a diffrent exhaust cam from intake almost always gets you more power. So my stage 2 cam might be the 232 intake cam with a 244 exhaust. The 216 or catcams stage 1 intake cam might not even be on my list of cam stages except for forced induction applications. I can also give you whatever you want straight from the factory. I make a sell either way, but Iv done my homework on these to get happy costumers.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
And these are billet ground camshafts, right? I'm still doing my own research, too.

Ballpark, right now untuned I'm putting down 202 hp and 180ft/lbs at the front wheels with headwork, SVT cams and three liter with 10.7:1 compression. With the package you recommend what do you think I will gain; both peak and across the board.

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
$1400? what happened to cheap to get them circulating (~$700-$1000)?

My sig says I drive an MTX.
With previously stated mods (no headwork, 2.5l) whereabouts do you think ill be? Im probly somewhere like 165whp at the moment.

Last edited by NeilsCougar; 01/09/04 05:28 AM.

(Roush/Bilstein/B&M/K&N/SVT/Magnecore/EBC/Mintex/Brullen /TruBendz/Kumho/AMSOil/Speedhut/Llumar/Silverstar /Visteon/Eurolite/Sony/Rockford fosgate/Kenwood /MBQuart/PBX/KnuKonceptz)
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard