Quote:

The area he pointed out could not have possibly "blown out" from my battery escapade but I suppose if it is a bad cast and a pinhole leak as he said then it may have been the final straw.

I think you have mentioned a key point here!

??bad casting? = MANUFACTURING DEFECT!

Manufacturing defect = NOT YOUR FAULT OR DOING!

Porosity problems and other such casting defects occur at the foundry during the manufacturing process .
If you are under warranty, this tranny failure should be a non-issue. Even if you are out of warranty, this should be an exceptional case as far as Ford is concerned. A casting defect of this nature is a MAJOR problem that your car has had since the day it was first made. You will probably have to press your case to Ford directly as the dealership most likely does not have the authority to make these kind of decisions/ exceptions.

I think you have a good shot at getting this covered because the core of the problem is...

YOUR TRANSMISSION CASING WAS MANUFACTURED WRONG!

It will probably be a long hard fight to get this covered, but don??t give up!

Quote:

he said that a JB weld would not last on aluminum and offered no other solution.

Oh, BTW, JB Weld is specifically designed to adhere to aluminum as well as other ferrous and non-ferrous metals, so what the dealer told you is BS! I have personally used JB Weld on everything from oil pans to water pumps and have NEVER had a failure. The key is proper surface preparation and cleanliness. While this stuff should not be used on critical or highly stressed assemblies such as suspension components or internal engine assemblies, it is flat amazing for repairing other stuff, especially castings

See for yourself:Click on "products", then the JB Weld picture.
Also click on "creative uses"

JB Weld home page

Former, now returned CEG'er! 95SE MTX, (AKA "The Road Rat"). Stock except for:TH fix, B.A.T. big brake kit, tranny cocktail and lots of re-insulated wiring! May yet be a 3.0! "Speed doesn't kill, stupidity does!"