Posted by Abbo on 11/20 @ 5:19pm transferred from now deleted thread.

Originally posted by Abbo:
I went to look at the leak this afternoon and he pointed to a spot and said that is where there leak is but there was no hole to be seen. I asked if they could run the trans or at least turn the whole thing to see if it leaked and he said they couldn't at the dealership. They could only run the car for awhile and then remove the airbox and at that time see where it was pooling. I have pictures of the spot and will try to post them in the appropriate area if I can figure out how.
The area he pointed out could not have possibly "blown out" from my battery escapade but I suppose if it is a bad cast and a pinhole leak as he said then it may have been the final straw. It still seems like there would be very little loss of fluid considering the hole can't be seen and it at the top of the casing. He said a lot of fluid gets splashed there and lot was pooling. I can only see a serious leak if there is pressure there but I gave a feeling I have been hosed to the max and lied to my face. At least I have a number on the trans.

Has anyone ever heard of a serious leak at the top of a trans case made of aluminum?

I can e-mail the pictures to anyone interested because I am not sure I will be able to post them.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km