Originally posted by tw0wheelin:
I dont have the wiring diagram in front of me, but basically you'll need to confirm that your getting a pulse on 3 of the wires that go into the coil pack. When you say you have power on the coil pack, I assume you've measured one or more of the input wires. The next question is weather you get a voltage change on any of the wires when the car is cranked. It's these pulses which are greatly 'stepped up' by the coil pack creating the high voltage to fire the plugs. No input pulses, no output. Hope this helps, I'll dig out my manual when I get home to see if I can provide some measurement points and expected measurements...

We did test the C1, C2, C3 wires while cranking, I don't think they pulse. I have power to the four wire when the key is in the on postition. I also read something about the TP sensor that may cause the car not to start, I'll try to check that out tonight.

Thanks for the help,

Brian D. Passaro 1986 Daytona Turbo Z Red with T-Tops 1995 Mustang GT Convertible Yellow Black Top 1998 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost #3734 of 6535