Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
Originally posted by blaze:
My point is you dont have to have OBDII to have your car to pass the tailpipe emission test. If they go nosing around under the hood and checking codes and such then yeah its going to fail. I have yet to see a place ever check codes though. Most of my failures have been bad oxygen sensors, on my vehicles anyway. With this situation nobody can say how it is going to turn out till he goes there. I wish him luck.

Thanks

Blaze

UMMM as I said ILLIONOS EMISSION LAWS they don't do the tail pipe test anymore on OBDII cars unless it fails the OBDII then you have the option to request the tail pipe test.

but as I sais each year car has different requirements to pass based on year it was built cause a 1958 buick is not ever going to be as emission friendly as a 199x car so they have different levels to what is acceptable for each year of car to pass.

I know. The 58 Buick was actually exempt. But since I was there and the people were amazed by the car they tested it for the heck of it. I wish him luck. I dont think it will pass without convertors though, do u?

blaze

1996 Sport LX Desert Violet Pearl(purple) 2.5 liter V-6 Name:(Grape) Finally Fixed