Originally posted by Travis:
Ok regaurdless of whether you can package it or not lets talk about the ability of the seperate systems to make power.

This is my argument for 2 turbo`s.

Advantages:
The turbo headers are easier to make

By using 2 turbo`s exhaust header manifold design is improved. Because heat loss is kept low. Therefore the boost threshold is lower with the same a/r.

These statements are enough for me to tell you to "shut the hell up".
First look at the top of this page, what does it say?
I'll help you: Contour Enthusiasts Group.

Moving on that means, yes, we're talking about the CDW27 platform - i.e. Contour, Mystique and yes, Cougar.

From there we have an established a packaging envelope (I'll break that down for your thick skull - that means "engine bay", chassis and suspension).

So now, I think we know what we're dealing with; the initial question of fitting two turbos to a Duratec equipped CDW27.

When the inital question was posed, almost instantly an answer was proferred; i.e. that there is simply NO F'ING ROOM for two of them. Thus your first statement is null and void.

What do I mean by that?

Regardless of how easy it is to fabricate two shorty 3-1 headers, that fact of the matter is that you CANNOT package a turbo between the rear bank of the Duratec and the firewall and other mechanical components (steering rack, intermediate shaft and subframe).

Second, with thick enough pipes with a low conductivity (i.e. Stainless Steel), the heat loss to one single turbo is low enough not to affect boost threshold, due to the fact that the turbo is sized APPROPRIATELY to allow for quick spool-up. In this case a T28 with GT center cartridge for the 2.5L Duratec, or a T3/T4 with and A/R ratio small enough to provide fast spool-up yet not constrict the exhaust flow, for the 3L Duratec. Which, I might add, has been sized approriately, for the 3L kit, from SF.

Regardless of what I have just said, YOUR turbine selection tells me, and Rara, that boost threshold and spool-up speed of little importance to you as boost would not be achieved until at least 4000rpm, which for a streetable vehicle (NOT A DRAG CAR), is pointless. The drivability of such a setup would be so "on-off" that the tractibility would be compromised and for anything but drag racing, it would be redundant. And like I said earlier, putting down anything more than 450hp will likely grenade even the toughest MTX-75,. But say you could, you would never be able to control such a torque spike to launch a Contour properly. And I can tell you've never tried to drag race a Contour as it is one of the worst cars for this form of racing due to it's weight distribution and suspension setup.

If these arguments aren't enough to make you realise that your constant blabbering is pointless, then I suggest you see a physician as it is aparent that you suffer from AADD (Adult (at a stretch in your case) Attention Deficit Disorder).

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!