Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
#787680 11/05/03 05:48 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ooooh 14 sec! You've sold me there Mr Victor Bray!

So you "Built" an engine to put you into the 14's and THAT destroyed your diff? I guess you didn't realise that wheel-hop is bad.

For one, I was part of the design input team for the SF Turbo Kit, so I know about turbocharging the Duratec a WHOLE lot more than you!

With my own two hands, I tore down my Contour SVT, installed the "beta" SF turbokit, Hand port matched a 3L Taurus UIM to an SVT UIM, rebuilt the MTX-75 with a Quaife LSD, Fidanza Flywheel and CF/DF Clutch, built my own exhaust system, myself, fitted a full Koni/GC suspension set up, designed, produced and marketed the 24mm hollow rear sway bar (or "AussieBar" as it was dubbed by the CEG and NECO forums), wrote up the "how-to" on how to install a S-AFC onto an EEC-V equipped duratec ECU - oh, for my Mechanical Engineering Degree, I wrote a thesis for my end of year project on Turbocharging Diesel Engines. Are they enough qualifications?

I also have 4 years of experience in driveline design in the automtoive industry, including designing the rear axle shafts for the current H2, and the front axle shafts for the current Dodge Ram HD. I also have 3 years experience as as a heavy equipment Mechanical Maintenance engineer in a Synthetic Rutile (titanium ore) Refinery.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#787681 11/05/03 05:53 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
I think owned is too light of word here.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#787682 11/05/03 06:56 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by todras:

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
#787683 11/05/03 07:20 PM
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Originally posted by Travis:
Im an experienced engine builder and was making early 14 second passes on that engine. (14.19) (2.078 60 foot)

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
#787684 11/05/03 07:48 PM
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Originally posted by Travis:
Okkkk... you can goto http://home.earthlink.net/~adrenilin/Index.htm I built an all motor zetec that did THAT to the diffrential I really think i know what the [censored] an mtx 75 is how it works and what it does. No i dont know what a contour engine compartment looks like. I am however interested in the knowledge that the people have on here about the 3l. You can get the hell of my back and shove it up your ass if you dont like what i have to say. Im an experienced engine builder and was making early 14 second passes on that engine. (14.19) (2.078 60 foot)

I would like to know exactly where your knowledge base comes from and just exactly why you think your intelligence level is soooooooo much higher then mine.

Dude, plenty of folks have destroyed the diff in an MTX-75 on stock motors, Zetec or Duratec; its more about how you drive it than how much power you put through it.

Anyway, this has turned into a complete and total pissing contest, and why? because you walked in here talking up things you didn't know anything about. And Stazi isn't the only engineer here, or even the only automotive engineer here. If you don't want to get into discussions like this then back things up with proper tech, and parroting something you read out of a Bell or MacInnes book doesn't count.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
#787685 11/05/03 08:05 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
ooo we going to bragging rights here? yes? are we? Ok then.

Now lets talk about my experiences. My zetec was pulling down approxiamtly 180 whp (200+crank) on a fabricated fr200 intake manifold with a 65 mm Focus central throttle body stage 3 crower cams (236 @050 duration and244 @050 dur) 2.5 inch flex 2.5 inch flex back mag exhaust. Head was custom ported by my cam guy and radial cut and milled .070 yeilding 10.90 static compression ratio with a 8.37 calculated dynamic with 3 percent blow by that registered in the leakdown test before hand. 24 lb injectors were installed and a recalibrated and ported 70 mm mass airflow sensor was installed. A custom intake system pulling in ambien air was fabricated and the deminsions were made to comply with that of helmholtz resonation tunning theory at 6000 rpms. The headers were tuned at 5000 rpms at length of approx 29 inches with a 4:1 design the collector was a 5 and half degree taper to with inverted slot cuts in the primary pipes to maximumize air flow at high rpm. Cam gears were installed and were tuned on timed runs at a local track.

Now... Seeing how i done every single equation by hand all the inertial tunning work myself and welded all that together i think i know just a bit about engines. Also id like for you to know that the lakeland front traction bar system was used the rear transmision mount as well as the passenger side mount was replaced with poly`s to reduce wheel hop. Not to mention my koni`s were placed on soft in the front and hard in the back on all launches. And man with a 2.07 60 foot there was just huge amount of wheel hop and traction loss im here to tell you.. As a matter of fact my 22.8.15 inch mickeythompson slicks were loosing so much traction that i could dump from 5500 and 14.5 psi of tire pressure and never rotate a wheel unless it was accelerating me forward.

Not to mention the turbo probe I built last summer was putting down 8.7 eigth mile runs. I done all the port work timing work and equation work for that vehicle too as well as a custom turbo manifold because the stock one didnt flow worth [censored]. It consistantly ate porsche`s and corvettes alive on the highway.

Or the eclipse of my friend lindsey`s that now has a fresh 14 g on it making low 9 second passes in the eigth.

Or the 347 stroker twin i built turbo manifolds/downpipes for thats now producing over a 1000 horsepower. Using ugly flux core welds might i add.

Or the mazda miata i done a complete naturaully aspirated overhaul on including a custom intake manifold all tig welded and inertial tuned race header.

Or the b16 dy 8 swap i did in a 92 civic hatch back last month which i fabricated custom motormounts for. Using tig welding again.

or the 3.8 L thunder bird supercoupe im rebuilding engine right now because of a spun con rod bearing.

And funny you try to insult my intelligence while your building half shafts for a [censored] faced company that [censored] up the hummer and advertises the hemi engine technology thats straight out of the 1970`s.

Oh ... and its great that you wrote a thesis on it.. I wrote a theses on stephen hawks 4d space time theory from a breif history of time and the universe in a nutshell my sophomore year of highschool. Or mayby you like 6 easy pieces.. or the 6 not so easy pieces. How about some mitchio ? Gotta love those japs Im sure a well educated engineer knows these books by name right? Doesnt exactly mean i fully understand god particle theory or Superstring theory. And it also does not mean anything to me about whether you understand turbocharging or not just because you wrote a thesis on it. Also whats your position in the shaft design team? Chief ass kisser and hall closet manager? Need some coffee chief?

Ex-cat cams dealer. Today we do motor mounts.. Tommorow. Intake manifolds
#787686 11/05/03 08:28 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
You're a tool.

You don't even know the name of the company I work for you nimrod, and no it's no GM or DCX, in fact we're in the Fortune 500. Do some research, seems to be all you know to do, read sh!t then regurgitate it.

I highly doubt you have an engineering degree, not with your obvious lack of capacity when it comes to spelling or grammar. God only know's how you could write anything that would be acceptable for dissertation........

And so far as bragging about other cars. Previous to the SVT, I had a high 12s 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX w/a custom proted Big 16G (that I ported myself), a custom modified Starion FMIC with an intelligent water spray and full KYB coilover suspension, so you can't impress me there either.

Good thing you studied 4 dimenionsional space theory and some of the other useless information you spouted as it has no application whatsoever with regards to what we've been debating here....

I'd show you design prints with my name in the title block to prove my accomplishments, but it's not allowed by company policy and besides you're not worthy, [censored]. I'm a Senior Project Engineer, not an ass kisser or a bullsh!t-artist like you seem to be.

What have you accomplised lately other than come on these boards and talked a bunch of frogsh!t?

Wait a second I found your picture on the internet:

PS it shows - once again - how little practical knowledge you posses of the real world; the H2 doesn't have half shafts in the rear. It has a Salisbury axle and as such it has semi-float shafts.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#787687 11/05/03 08:32 PM
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Travis, you're a F*CKING M*RON! Anyone that knows me could tell you that I'm just about the most even-tempered, mild-mannered guy you'll ever meet, but damn...

I think it's about time for you to be banned. Coming on here and asking resonable questions and even starting some debate is one thing, but spouting off stupid sh*t that is completely inaccurate and continuing to argue about it once it has been proven wrong over and over, is a waste of our time. In addition, your grammar and manner of speech is simply atrocious and frustrating to read.

I would ordinarily suggest that you read over the whole post until you realize that all your questions have been answered and all your misguided theories disproven, but I know you won't, so do us all a favor and just leave.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
#787688 11/05/03 08:42 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I think an OWNED is due right about here, don't mess with da Aussie. . .

#787689 11/05/03 08:42 PM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Who started this argument auzzie? I didnt attack you. You attacked me. And my thesis about space time has as much to do with this forum as your thesis on diesel turbocharging. Path Come up with some real knowledge on this subject and id be honored. Im kinda intriqued with the engineer but your just rediculous

Ex-cat cams dealer. Today we do motor mounts.. Tommorow. Intake manifolds
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard