Ok... Lets debate this from a pure american stand point. Size Now lets talk about why exhaust flow is important. Higher boost thresholds make more power and why more importantly 2 turbo`s make less tip then one (turbine inlet pressure) First topic of debate. "A t3 turbine housing will flow more then anyone is able to bring out of duratec"

Well now.. Since exhaust flow a deteriming factor of tip pressure is directly related power I dont see how anyone can make a statement like that and know what the hell their talking about. If you bring TIP down power goes up. If you put a t4 turbine housing on a duratech with an equivalent a/r Tip will go down Power will go up and the boost threshold will go up as well. If you use 2 t3 turbine housings it would be obvious that tip would go down boost threshold would go up and power would go up as well.

In no case does a smaller turbine housing make more power then a larger turbine housing considering that the gas has enough power to spool the turbo to the same amount of boost as the smaller turbine housing.

A/R ratio`s are nearly directly related to the boost threshold and thus Using a numerically lower a/r has a numerically higher boost threshold. A numerically higher boost threshold (all other things reminaing constant such as shaft inertia and turbine design) will create more power at the same PSI rating because of superior gas flow.

It is my undata enrinched theory that tip can be brought down and the boost threshold brought up by using 2 good sized turbo`s (and more cheaply might i add if gotten from a junkyard) then using a single large low a/r ratio turbo that would have to be ordered from an aftermarket performance shop(expensive). And because of manifolding design the 2 seperate turbo`s could be made closer to the head so less heat would be loss to atmosphere. I have been rather unimpressed with the numbers the duratech`s have been made to bring about yet. Focus central has a 460 whp zetec
(230 hp per litre to wheels) while the highest number iv heard of is 450 whp from a 3 L (150 hp per litre to wheels) This concerns me because the v6 heads outflow zetec heads by about 60 cfm at maximum lift per a cylinder (the tumble port v6`s ) So im just asking questions and telling people what i think.

If someone has test data to show that Tip cant be reduced anymore with having maximum boost at 4500 then id be satisfied. But I dont need boost until 4500 rpms because The engine has above and beyond the torque i need below that. SO its useless to me. It occurs to me that yea to some people that torque is priceless but to me its all about what happens from that first second shift (7300-4700) and then after that everything is kept at or above 5000 rpms. By Keeping TIP down larger higher duration cams can be used without reversion being a menace. So this also helps out total engine breathing.

And mayby a custom intake manifold latter and youd see the numbers that the zetec is getting. (or even better i believe considering intake flow) So how exactly are these arguments wholly incomplete and inherently flawed. What i said at the beginning is exactly what im saying right now. Its what hopefully you already knew and what iv had to explain to you as if you didnt. Perhaps you would like to adress me with a new turbo theory on TIP Reversion and so fourth so i can tell the rest of the racing community about your discoveries. Because obviously if this line of thought is flawed then everyone down to Formula 1 is too.

Ex-cat cams dealer. Today we do motor mounts.. Tommorow. Intake manifolds