Originally posted by BoostJunkie:

I think there should be a discussion about the pros and cons of the Contour vs the SRT instead of completely bashing one or the other. I'm game either way, the SRT4 is one hell of a fast car but I'm open to any conversation on Contours. I like to learn about cars so all of this is good knowledge. Just don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

We tried that, at least those of us who could carry on an unbiased conversation, about 50 pages back. Or was it in the last SRT-4 thread?
Anyway, we tried that until people from both sides of the fence with little reasoning power and less patience chimed in.

BTW, I rode in the modded SRT-4 that my buddy Steve has that pulled 300 wHP on the dyno and it was just like riding in my turbo CSVT when I had the boost about 6psi. That thing was crazy fast too, spun the wheels all the way 1st and 2nd, with 18's no less.
He has modded as far as the stock turbo can go and that put him about 310 wheels is his best estimate.
So, how does it feel? As I said it is no better/worse than my CSVT when it was at 300 wHP.
So for all of you 'modded for modded' people out there....there is as fair and unbiased opinion as I can get.
And by the way, the interior looks pretty good though I don't like the tall shifter, the fact that the front window are power but the rears are crank handle, and that it is a tad plasticky. The seats kick ass though!
An SVT with a new-like interior is a bit more refined and looks and feels of higher quality. It's kind of like looking at a CSVT and then going and looking at an Audi...the CSVT looks real good until you sit in the Audi and really feel/see the small things. Well the SRT-4 also feels the same way until you fit into the nice leather interior of the CSVT.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black