Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Are you using the MM inserts from www.turboneonstore.com ? Do they help a lot with the wheel hop? Do you have all three mounts filled or just that top one? My friend gets massive wheel hop,, though he's still learning to launch, his tire problem is also fixed, so I should get to drive it soon.

I got a top mm insert, just because I wanted some measure of compromise between completely rigid and real loose being that it's my daily driver. Definately get at least one insert. If he's getting wheel hop, he's dropping the clutch too high. It should just chirp and be gone. The only way I've found to get a smooth launch is to feather the clutch. I've tried launching from low rpms and it just doesn't catch like it should (IMO) so I launch at around 33-3500 rpms and feather a bit until I'm rolling, then dump it. After he gets stage 1 you'll have to do that in second gear as well or you'll just spin thu it and part of 3rd.

Unless of course your talking on the street, then all bets are off. I don't really do any street launches or racing for that matter so I have no technique to get rolling without spinning, except to just go from idle.