Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Originally posted by DJ_SpaRky:
230 - 240 whp isn't alot for a 4 cyl, check out the nissan SR20DET or CA18DET, both capable of running upwards of 600 hp on a stock bottom end.

PS, Do you like to Crank your windows??

No hatin' here, just my $.02.

SRT4 stock block handles 1000hp or more, they don't do anything to the block to use in the pro drag races. They said it saves them money and time so they really like it. I'll let ya'll know how I like the srt-4 after my friend gets his and I drive it.

So does the GM ecotec motor, 2.2L in most configurations and the stock block handles 1000HP.

Plus it is a hell of a lot cheaper.

The dodge motor is nice but it is a boosted factory motor with too small of a turbo. I think with a fair sized turbo it would be chugging out much more power.
Comparing it to a HIGHLY efficient naturally aspirated motor is a stupid unfair comparison. Unless it is based upon power output per fuel input. This method shows the engine's efficiency and you can compare more effectively. Another way is with the weight of the power plant versus power out, or all 3 methods.
The differnce of 2.4 vs. 2.5L with 240(or around there) and 200 HP respectivly sounds totally in the SRT's favor until you look that there is less fuel used in the N/A motor and that the total engine package weight is probably about the same. The N/A motor is simpler too without the added reliability issues of a few more mechanical parts.

If you start quoting the modded engine numbers then remember that modded SVT 2.5L's are making 230-240 crank HP versus probably 280-300 (just averages) leaning in the SRT's favor.

If you factor cost to mod then it is definitely in the SRT's favor.

I can only say that we all fell victim to another troll and that this argument will end up going nowhere as the last 2 or 3 arguments have!!
Of course I still like to have my say and in the end it is he who is looking in the rearview mirror at the other guy that wins this particular contest.
I know I don't have an average contour, but as I said before if I'm rolling or in a race from 0 to 120 then probably 1 in 1000 SRT's is going to pass me by.... at least as long as I keep the boost raised!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black