Originally posted by BoostJunkie:
Just crusing the net and saw this, felt I had to contribute. Contour SVT vs SRT-4? In a few words, not a fair match up. Why? One chief reason: weight. You guys are frickin' heavy compared to the Neon. Power/Weight ratio plays a huge hand. Two: Turbo vs N/A. I'm sure your motors could put out some good power modded, but the were not designed as hi/po motors. The 2.4L in the SRT-4? Different story. Sport Compact Car did a complete write up of the motor's internals, a very good read which I recommend. Even you guys with turbo added are fighting Ford's engineering or rather, the fact that your motors are not designed for much more than fuel economy and reliability. Nor are your cars factory backed. SRT-4 has new parts from Mopar coming out on nearly a monthly basis, nevermind the aftermarket. The 2004's(which I have) are cutting anywhere from 14.0 to 13.8 STOCK. Nevermind those that have serious mods. So, while it's fun to bench race, let's keep some reality, ok?

IMHO the only two SVT's of any note are the Cobra and Lightning. Anything else is just bodykits and badging.

Not flaming, just pointing some things out.

I'll take that BS on the duratec with a grain of salt considering what was said is obvious ignorance and the information is coming from an SRT4 owner

The duratec has a interesting history, so rather than writing it off as an economy engine......actually look into if what you're saying is true. It is not. To continue to spout off incorrect info about the duratec is a statement in itself. Feel free to browse some more around CEG a bit more, as it is a wealth of information to show you the errors of your ways.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone