Originally posted by deftoned989:
OK, about to buy new tires for my new 17" rims. I've narrowed it down to either Kumho ECSTA Supra 712s or Falken FK451s. At the place I'm getting the tires from, the Falken's are roughly $70 more expensive. Anyone here think that I should go with the falken's or the kumho's taking into account the difference in price? Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Back on topic...

No experience with the Falkens, have the Kuhmos on my car now. For the price they're not bad but don't confuse them with high performance rubber either. Better than all seasons but not in the big leagues. I won't be getting another set for my car. Decent straight line grip but turn in isn't very sharp and cornering limits aren't very high. Got about 35k miles out of them and they're almost on the wear bars. Have you considered the Yokohama line? Don't even know if they make an AVS Intermediate for our car anymore but it's cheap and better than the Kuhmo, and will wear about the same. I did find performance dropped off pretty badly with them as they aged and wore though. They were top of the line tire technology in the mid-to-late 80's but tires have come a long way since then.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i