Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Sorry buddy. Tell your lawyer to go take some Business Law courses.

An advertisement at a price is NOT a contract, and not legally binding. When you make the offer to buy at the price shown and then they except, then, and only then does it become an enforceable contract.

Needless to say when you go to the salesperson now and say "Hey, I'll take you up on your offer for a $4,200 Mustang" he will not accept your offer and it will not be legally binding.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by sigma:

An advertisement at a price is NOT a contract, and not legally binding. When you make the offer to buy at the price shown and then they except, then, and only then does it become an enforceable contract.

Needless to say when you go to the salesperson now and say "Hey, I'll take you up on your offer for a $4,200 Mustang" he will not accept your offer and it will not be legally binding.

As previously mentioned
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
P.S. Give the $4,500 to your lawyer so he can go back to school

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Yeah, I personally hope you can get the car. I am a hardcore mustang fan and getting one for cheap is a dream come true. But then again, think about what people have said. If you get lucky enough to get the car for cheap like that, you could be costing someone their job, and what if they have kids to support. Automobile companies rip people off, but you would be hurting more than just the company. Good luck with whatever happens, and sorry to see you getting hammered by fellow CEGers so much. They should really lay off a little.
Peace.

V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
IIRC, there's a law which states "obviously incorrect" figures are not binding, regardless of whether there's any fine print. I'm sure there are precedents.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I agree, if this could happen, you'd hear about htese great deals all the time. Do you know how many times I have seen obvious typos in the paper, or on autotrader? Quite a few. Ask your lawyer to look up something about obvious mistakes. I talked to one of the law students here at school, and she said that she believes there is such a clause. Then again, she's just a student.
I do think it's odd to just sell it for the money though. I for some crazy reason, you do get it, keep it!!! Drive it around and beat the hell out of it. Use it as a winter ride. It's a nice car, and you would be getting the deal of a lifetime, so why not keep it and enjoy your good luck? Besides, you said you'd use the money to put into the CSVT, but the Stang is faster... I guess I just don't follow your logic.

2000 CSVT Silver Frost: #942 of 2150 HID Projectors and Fog Light Mod, Optomized TB, MSDS headers 2003 Silverstone Z
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
i posted it here to get opinions but when you start by calling someone dumb, ya know you could use a little tact dont ya think. and the thing about the morality is true i will give you all that but think if you were in my shoes. these car dealers rip people off everyday, its payback time, i am married with 2 kids so i never get anything for myself, thats why i am going through with this.....

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
go for it

I am thinking about going to Burger King to buy some coffee and then spill it on my self burning myself so that I can sue them for a million dollars because they made the coffee too hot!!

I think I will win for someone already did in a similar suit with Mcdonalds!!

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by sigma:

As previously mentioned
P.S. Give the $4,500 to your lawyer so he can go back to school

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
they wont make that mistake 2 x now there is a "disclamer" on every cup stating warning beverage may be hott. so they wont get sued again.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
here is the add

Ext. Color: OXFORD WHITE CLEARCOAT
STOCK #: 3F409089
MSRP: $30,690
Internet Price: $4,200
VIN: 1FAFP45X03F409089

Installed Options
180A PREMIUM SERIES ORDER CODE 44U 4-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION W/OD
47B CONVERTIBLE SOFT TOP BOOT 99X 4.6L SOHC 260-HP 16-VALVE SMPI V8 ENGINE
G LEATHER RECLINING FRONT SPORT BUCKET SEATS
Standard Features
Fog lamps
Tinted glass

Dual note horn
(2) pwr points

15.7 gallon fuel tank
All-speed traction control

4-wheel anti-lock braking system
Child seat tether anchor brackets

Color-keyed pwr mirrors (RH convex)
Stainless steel dual exhaust system

Variable intermittent windshield wipers
Dual illuminated covered visor vanity mirrors

City 18/hwy 24 (4.6L engine/4-speed auto trans)
TLEV certified (4.6L engine/4-speed auto trans)

In-trunk safety release w/glow-in-the-dark handle
City 18/hwy 26 (4.6L engine/5-speed manual trans)

TLEV certified (4.6L engine/5-speed manual trans)
Light group-inc: dome lamps integral w/mirror, front door courtesy switches,

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard