Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
Your Lawyer is an idiot and you are dumb to think you are getting that car for $4,500

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
If the dealer is hip to you why would they not just unload it to some other person for a good price and then just say then don't have it anymore?

Do you somehow have a deposit on it or something?

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by freakshow:
Originally posted by Manch-VegasSVT:
You've got a good chance at this going through for you especially if you've got that price in writing. About two years ago I knew a girl who went in to buy a used saturn and signed all the papers and they messed up on the price on the quotes that she had signed. Well, the next thing they did was tell her that they messed up and that was the wrong $$$$$ that she got quoted. She told her father they went down there together and threatened to take them to court and blah blah blah...... After that they decided to just give it to her at that price and eat the diff. rather than spend money on lawyers and end up losing anyway, so she got the car for like eight or nine grand less than the list price.
So the outcome looks good for you especially if your lawyer gets involved........ Why can't I have your luck

Not to rain on anyone's parade but the above is a far cry from a typo in an ad, they actually signed papers with the wrong price so that makes it a LOT easier for the buyer to dispute. I doubt you'll get it 'cause I'm sure they've got some disclaimer somewhere to fight it but stranger things have happened. Good luck.

See, even Freakshow is smarter than you. He is 65% stupid and 38% retarded, but he still has more common sense than you. You are wasting your time man.

1999 CSVT-Black 15.8@89mph Driver for hire. PM me.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
If you made an honest mistake, would you want someone to ream you for $$25k + ? What goes around comes around. Don't do it, even if you can.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by todras:
Originally posted by BURNTU2:
Your Lawyer is an idiot and you are dumb to think you are getting that car for $4,500

I'm laying 10 to 1 odds that this "lawyer" advertises in that free little coupon newspaper thingie they rubberband to your front door knob every Tuesday...

I just don't see this happening. You never put any money down on it, you signed NOTHING that would create a contract with that dealership...

2000 SVT Contour -- SOLD! New car coming soon... 1980 Triumph TR7 -- Needs a new home...
P
Master P
Master P
P
Originally posted by MotorCity:
If the dealer is hip to you why would they not just unload it to some other person for a good price and then just say then don't have it anymore?

That's what's gunna happen, since there are no papers signed on it.

He said it himself:

Quote:

the law even states that an internet add is legaly binding as long as that specific car with the same stock number is still avalible. so before you start calling people names check yourself a hole....

First mention of the price to the dealer, and that car is suddenly sold, or wrecked in a test drive, or returned to Ford - no longer available. You ain't getting that car for $5000.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
There's an offer in error (dealer advertising the price as a typo). There's no acceptance of the offer, no consideration, and no enforceable contract.

That means no car for $4500 and your lawyer is a frigging idiot.

1999 Ford Contour SVT #900/2760 (SOLD) 2005 Mazda 6s 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Doesn't their website have a "buy it now" button.

Give me the URL and I'll put in my MasterCard number

You ain't getting a new Mustang for $5K, not even a V6 model.

TB

"Seems like our society is more interested in turning each successive generation into cookie-cutter wankers than anything else." -- Jato 8/24/2004
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Seems hard for me to believe, but i say go for it!

If it were me, i would keep the mustang. I've always wanted a convertible...v8 too, not too shabby...

98 SVT #1652 of 6535 My SVT "If everything seems to be going well, you obviously don't know what the hell is going on."
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by bentleywarren:
If you made an honest mistake, would you want someone to ream you for $$25k + ? What goes around comes around. Don't do it, even if you can.

Yeah dude, higher your standards! You should have just been the good samaritan to bring the typo to their attention, and then maybe ask for a better deal on it if you REALLY, REALLY wanted the car. Have some class and respect for others who are just human too, like you. Tell me you never make any mistakes? What goes around DOES eventually come around. I know this. You may think your getting a good deal now (if it were to even go through), but it will someday come back on you. But I hope you enjoy the feeling of catching them on a technicality so you can get something for nothing. Our people are definitely starting to go down the tubes in the US. And that's what our brave troops are going out and risking their hides to defend! So we can all live here in piece, driving our gas-hog SUVs, eating fast food all day so we can be the fattest population in the world, and steal things that aren't ours nor did we have to work honestly for. The eye upstairs is watching to see what you will do

PS- what if you found out later that somebody who really loved their job, and has a happy family to support, gets fired as a result of this little mistake (guy who wrote the ad in the page)??? HOw would you like that feeling? Just because he put the decimal in the wrong spot

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard