Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#780250 10/24/03 09:01 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by bishop375:

Actually... Unreal 2003 is sweet, but, EA's Return of the King, Halo 2, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time... all match what I've seen from Unreal so far.. and Rainbow Six 3 looks better on the XBOX than it does on PC... that's even at high res!!

Hmmmmm What kind of video card do you have? I just saw RS3 and UT2003 on my friends computer. He has a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. A xbox basically has a GeForce 3 witch is miles behind a 9800. If you see newer PC Games on a Direct X 9 card with anti-aliasing on, it is 3x's sharper than any console. A X-box just doesn't have the technology or the power of a PC. Also, UT 2003 is almost a year old, so comparing it to xbox games that just came out or haven't come out yet isn't exactly a apples to apples comparison.

2000 Acura 3.2 TL
#780251 10/24/03 09:30 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
The vid card in the box may "basically be" a GeForce 3, but, given its generation, it was far superior, and is actually closer to the GeForce FX (some of the ideas for the FX came from it, IIRC)in its capabilities. It was sickeningly powerful for its generation.

I'm also running a ti4600/128, but, I've seen it run on different cards, and it's nice, don't get me wrong, but, it still didn't leave me that floored.

Although, my next vid card WILL be a Radeon Pro. :-)

[flame] You think Halo is overrated, what the hell is wrong with you!!??!!? %%#@&*#^^# #&@^^#$![/flame]

LOL Just kidding. I LOVE Halo, esp. multiplayer. It didn't grab EVERYone, and I know a handful of people who just aren't that big of a fan of it.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
#780252 10/24/03 09:34 PM
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
I thought Halo rocked but I've been a big fan of Bungie (the team that MS bought up to develop the game for MS) for many years. I played all of their Myth series games for the PC and they have always made quality games, even though they sold out to the evil MS Empire.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
#780253 10/24/03 09:50 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
BKent,
I did this same poll back around Christmas time last year. We had a PS1, and hub just got back from a 3 month stint in Saudi Arabia, and had some extra cash coming from it.
Nearly everyone agreed the PS2 is the best bet. I said NEARLY everyone. That's because you are going to get differing opinions based on what everyone else likes, which is normal, but you are in the same boat as we were. You have PS1 games you still like to play. It is that reason, plus the fact that Playstation has more kiddie games for our sons than the others. We bought our Playstation almost a year ago and we love it. No regrets.

2004 Ford Freestar V6 Boogity Boogity Boogity, Let's go racin Boys!
#780254 10/24/03 09:50 PM
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
Gameplay and story do matter. Name me one PS2 game that your gameplay completely determines the physical traits and abilities of your character. I can name two for XBOX- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Fable, due next year.

FFX, plus the upcoming FFX-2 and FFXI, plus all the previous FF games.

E0 SVT, lightly modded
#780255 10/24/03 11:49 PM
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
What? Thread crapping? Um...ok.

I stand by my statement...get the system with the games you wanna play. Maybe it's just me...but if it ain't fun, I see no point in playing it. And yeah, i've been an avid gamer ever since I can remember. I've owned every system that was out at one point in time. I am well aware of the hardware capabilities of the xbox, ps2, and gamecube...and if you want to get technical about it, "on paper" Xbox is the most "powerful" machine, and gamecube is the "weakest." Has anyone seen resident evil on gamecube? or fzero? or any star wars game??? I've made my point. At this point in time, hardware specs are just for pissing contests. It's all about how lazy the developers are. I wouldn't worry about system longevity, as long as a machine is keeping games flying off the shelves it'll be supported. Look at the original playstation! If you wanna go in terms of that, I'd go with a PS2. You can't touch it's fanbase. And if it doesn' tlast that long, who cares, companies are dumping consoles and making money on games.

Originally posted by bkent:
Greatone I care immensly. You see for about 10 years I've been heavy into PC gaming. I play counterstrike, bf1942, Quake 3, etc lots. As this has been the only way I game for so long, I need to make sure I get the best graphics, sound, and games possible to keep me entertained.

Thanks for the attempted thread crapping though.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
#780256 10/25/03 02:07 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
ps2 has better and more games than the xbox, and will continue to do so. if you were a developer, you would write games for the system that is the most popular, so you have more potential customers, no? who would you write games for?

xbox 9.4 million systems
ps2 40 million systems
gamecube i dont have exact numbers on but i think around 15 mil?

now officially a troll, i guess. used to have a black 96 SE, until it broke down one too many times. now I'm hunting for a motorycle.
#780257 10/25/03 02:45 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Actually... if you ask companies which platform they prefer to program for, they will all say XBOX first, PS2 second, and GameCube a distant third. PS2 supplies excellent SDK's, but, the XBOX programming platform is said to be MUCH simpler and much easier. Plus they also have a much larger playground to play in, it offers them a lot more flexibility in what they want to put into a game.

#780258 10/25/03 02:49 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by louisw:
Gameplay and story do matter. Name me one PS2 game that your gameplay completely determines the physical traits and abilities of your character. I can name two for XBOX- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Fable, due next year.

FFX, plus the upcoming FFX-2 and FFXI, plus all the previous FF games.

You're close, but, not quite there. The character models themselves are not altered. Your characters weapons and clothing change as you choose to change them, yes, but, they don't age, their eyes don't change color, and their base skills don't change all that drastically. The two games I mentioned above change all of these traits.

Example, in Fable, if you opt to use magic as opposed to be a fighter, your eyes will turn white over time, your hair will fall out, your body will become smaller and more frail. Turn evil, your skin will become pale, turn good, you will be more well built. Over time, wrinkles appear, and you become scarred from battles- some of which never disappear. Can't say the same about any of the Final Fantasy games- ANY of them, and I've played every one up until 8... I didn't feel like watching the movie with occasional gameplay that was FF9, and feel that square has tried to get too far away from what made them great in the first place- their great story combine with relatively simple gameply, without reliance upon eye candy, the way they do now.

#780259 10/25/03 04:36 AM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
i have a gamecube with a car adapter and a 5.6 inch flatscreen attached to it . funn on trips

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard