Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by skrilla187:
Here's some pics of my Stazzi SVT grills.

What kind of mesh does Stazzi use?Can you get it at homedepot?

Rusty '00 silverfrost SVT '99 black SVT '86 black SVO '86 red SVO (for sale)
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by ibjamn:

What kind of mesh does Stazzi use?Can you get it at homedepot?

no. but you can get stuff like it and others at metal supply places. it's usually called "expanded metal" and you can get it in various finishes and materials.

i'm sure they'd know what you meant by mesh as well. try not to tell them it's for your car grill or they might try to charge you an arm and/or a leg.

for sale: E0 (98) Silver Frost SVT/Contour http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=667 wanted: front SVT bumper mesh, 01/02 S4 avant, nogaro blue.
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
alot of people get 'gutter guard' from home depot

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
This is a little How-to like i did mine:

You can find a piece of grill at your local speed shop you just have to ask them thay always have a roll in the back store...for
the lower grill it's pretty easy, you just have to cut the grill the right size to fit in the hole, i had some problem with the little pins
to hold the factory grill so i recommend you to cut them with a grinder or something i think it'll fit easier and you'd have facility
to fit your new grill, i personally fit it with some black sillicone and it stays very strong! for the back it's the same thing....for
the oval now it's a bit moore complicated, you'll have to do a lot of work to fit a custom grill in there, first remove the oval
from the car, 2 nd: try to seperate the two differents pieces but take care to not break them, they are very strong, after this
you'll have to cut all the factory grill one by one with apair of wiring cutter or something like that then you can file all the
residue cause if something stays you'll see it in the back of the new oval. Now it's the time to cut the grill and place it between
the two seperate piece ( the plastic one and the chrome oval) and compress it hard with 4 pairs of vise grip and again some
silicone to make it durable and strong, let the time to the silicone to freeze minimum one day and then you can remove
carefully your vise grip....replace the oval at is emplacement and admire the new look!
Take your time to do every step to get a great result!
Have fun

mods ? Wut ! 19 inches ! My Car SOLD
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I just cut the lower mesh for the rear of my car but im still trying to figure out the best way to get the grill to stay in properly. The stock pins wont work so I might try paper clips, the black silcone isnt a bad idea either. Hm well I guess I'll find a way tommarow. I would rather spend the extra money and have stazi or whatever that fellers name is to do it.

Previous Owner of: 1998 CSVT Black # 2923/6535 Born: 08/12/97 http://community.webshots.com/user/svtcontoursvt
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Hey, for the Mystique, what size is the allen wrench for the four screws on the bottom? Thanks...

Steve

Steven. L. Benthal Jr. 98 Mystique: Meshed Grille & Pioneer Sound System
N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
GUTTER GUARD SUX!! looks cheap
use WIRE CLOTH - like this guy
http://www.ctamotorsports.com/
look under project cars: Ford Contour

THAT IS THE BEST GRILLE JOB I HAVE EVER SEEN!!
like a Jag or something.
none of that gutter crap!

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by NorCalSVT:

like a Jag or something.

Which car are yu looking at. The only mod mesh i see looks like the stock mesh paints silver.

N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by pupet89440:
Originally posted by NorCalSVT:

like a Jag or something.

Which car are yu looking at. The only mod mesh i see looks like the stock mesh paints silver.

sorry, my bad - that guy did paint the stock silver frost, an even CHEAPER look than "gutter guard" - anyway, they DO sell real metal mesh that scale, that's what Ford was trying to fake (with plastic) because that woven/thickness of metal is what looks the best proportionally - it's called "wire cloth" and goes from screen size up to fence size. I'll find some and post it.

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
got it at Lowes for like 2 or so

grill

"Here's a mirror, see your stupid face!"
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard