Elky Mesh is DEFINITELY the way to go:

GROUP BUY for it here

I got mine just the other day and still haven't had time to put it on, but for my '95, I plan to CAREFULLY cut out the stock black mesh in my grille, so the black surround of the grille is still around the perimeter, and I will mount the Elky Mesh in from the rear so it will look inset (similar to the above pic of the post-98), and it will look TIGHT when I'm done. Whenever I finish I will try to post pics, but I already know what it will look like in my mind.

The reason I chose the Elky Mesh is because it has a totally smooth surface ( flat metal with shear-cut slots in it), and is ALUMINUM which has the ability to get finely hand polished to look totally shiney like chrome. You can't polish the jagged diagonal stamped effect of the gudder guard tin. And gudder guard just looks too industrial for my taste. I like my car to look sexy clean

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s