Originally posted by EO1702:
Just a thought here...Chris, have you considered possibly getting an SVT Focus, then modding the hell out of it?

I've seen a few used ones loaded with sunroof and earbleed stereo for less than $20K - the $7-8K you save over an SRT-4 you spend on a supercharger, and go from there.

Reading all of your posts, it just seems like you're a "Ford Guy" - SuperCoupe, SHO, SVT Contour, etc, why not add to the Ford legacy with a Focus?

By now, with a new ECU program out (4th one's the charm , and some revised parts available for the stuff that broke all the time on early SVTF's, the cars seems to be coming into their own a little.

And now, back to shuffling paper for the government...

First criteria, I wanted to purchase a new vehicle, with 0 kms, so that ruled out any used SVT Focus, and I then compared the SRT-4 to new 03 SVT Foci 5 doors. Price for the Focus, still at $26700, same as the start point of a 04 SRT-4.

I also considered the price to mod the heck out of the Focus. When I came down to the final dollar and cents, I would still spend more on the Focus, and it would not necessarily be on par with the end result that I have planned for the SRT-4.

I debated for many hours, days and weeks on which sport compact to purchase. My head was all over the place but I finally came down to the decision. I will be buying a Dodge for the first time in my buying history.