Hi Chris, I met you once, last year when I bought a set of rear pads for my 98 SVT.

Thought I would put in my 2 cents, though.

For less than $27K, the SRT-4 is a performance bargain. I don't care that it is a Neon, or an SX 2.0 - Chrysler could call it the Volare or Aspen for all I care. It's a hard-core automobile.

Here in Ottawa, just for curiosity's sake, I walked into a dealer's to see what they wanted for one.

They would not divulge the MSRP, only that the one they had coming in was "around" $30K.

Now that I know they start at $26,9xx, I know this particular dealer is looking at getting a little extra on the bottom line.

Thieves, I say. You might consider waiting 6 months to a year - you should then be able to get one of these puppies for less than $25K, brand new.

Anyhow, go for it is my take on this. If I had enought to swing the monthlies on an SRT-4, I would have waited and bought one. Instead, I make do with a decent ride in my SVT Focus. A little down on power, but man, can she hug the curves!

Good luck!
Ray

98 SVT Contour #1702 (silver) - traded in & missed alot! 02 SVT Focus #2686 (blue) - beginning to enjoy the 4-banger.