Originally posted by mbb41:
I thought I saw an add for $27000 the other day. At that price I wouldn't think twice on taking one over a SVT Focus. I still think though that I would prefer a Turbo or SC SVT Contour just because of the handling and interior is preferable to the neon IMHO. Granted I haven't tested a neon in a few years now.

I was corresponding with a few local dealers, and one even tried to screw me on the price. He tried to play games with me until he realized, in his own words, that I wasn't one to be taken advantage of. This particular business manager even said that if we can screw the customer and charge over list, we will. Wow, what nice business practice. Needless to say, I made sure I did what I had to do so that they would refuse my offer.

Basically I signed for one, under list price, where as all of the rest wanted list or more. I was corresponding via email with one particular dealer and mentioned my intentions for the vehicle, showed them my web site, and they were game. Hence, no hassle, here's the price, would you like to buy now? That had to be the easiest purchase of a vehicle in my history of buying cars. Now, I think I mentioned before, I have signed but conditional. The dealer knows that they can sell every SRT-4 they get in the showroom, so they allowed for a condition on the agreement. Even when I was at these different dealers, they were young people looking at every SRT-4 that was on each lot.