Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Those things are just as freakin bad as those intake mod resistors that you get on ebay. What a freakin scam .

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
If you look at it, I do see it somewhat increasing airflow but I don't think it'd make a big enough difference for you to even notice.

Really!

Please explain how an intake restriction increases airflow.

How does it magically make the engine pull in more air?

Air swirl before the TB has no effect on anything. For that matter air swirl in a dry manifold does nothing but slow the velocity down.

Matter of fact part of the reason a K&N works so well is it straightens the airflow out.

Also air swirl before the MAF (if it's mounted there?) causes erratic readings and drops performance and efficiency. Worst case scenario is it causes random lean spots

There is a reason why it doesn't work and is constantly made fun of.

dude didn't you see the tornado effect, they showed it themsevles!! It does something, I know it does...I just don't know what

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
dude didn't you see the tornado effect, they showed it themsevles!! It does something, I know it does...I just don't know what

seriously, i dynoed a 25 HP gain and 30tq on my moped!!!

go buy it right now and you will break into the 14s!!!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
from 17s/high 16s to 14s...oh man thats what I'm talkin about.

forget nitrous...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
after i installed mine in my 98 svt, i went to the track. it launched so hard my back tires came off the ground, fire came out my exhaust like screamin banshees. it was a rush, my 60 ft time was a 1.65..........need i say more. oh yea when i grabbed second it tore my rear axle out.

HORSEPOWERIC= ALL THE POWER IN THE WORLD STILL AIN'T ENOUGH 98 silver svt, modified y,ngk(indexed),pulley's,shifter,redline. future plans,custom borla exhaust, bilstein/h&r, rota slipstream 16x7 13 lb"s
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
After I put one in my SVT, I could do wheelies in reverse!!!

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Bronco_II:
After I put one in my SVT, I could do wheelies in reverse!!!

Oh yeah, well I can do it starting in 2nd gear with FWD!!! Hey its just as likely as this tornado thing actually working.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
mmmmmmm flames out of the exhaust...show me the way.

i like the pretty pink ones on 2F2F

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
You know, I initially regretted starting this thread because the product in question is a useless scam piece of junk, and some people got the impression that I was a sap who was actually planning to buy one. But after the many hilarious reponses I've seen I'm glad that I did. It turns out this little tin air-swirling piece of crap IS actually effective - effective at causing people to pee their pants with laughter.

Keep the far-fetched Tornado "success" stories comin!

2000 Ford Contour SVT, black, bone stock. "The way I drive, I don't need mods!" :-)
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
*NEWSFLASH*

i just put 3 of them in the contour and ran a 9.26 @ 150

yup thats rugnt, even though there is no engine in the tour, it still ran those times!

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard