Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
Well the drive is whats going on, I mapped about half of the route on Saturday and tomorrow I will be finishing it up if all goes well.

Its a safe bet that only about 20% of the trip will be on the highway.

Chris, I really need a copy of those directions from last year, if you can't find a copy, then I iwll be forced to chow up on your doorstep and drag you out for finial prep for he cruise!
-mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by lowridincontour:
Then we drive for a ways, then we eat at a resteruant. Is that all that is going on, or is there more.

That's pretty much what a cruise is

Sorry Mark, I looked high and low, no more rally notes from last year. I just ran that route last Saturday and part of 9th street was closed. If you want I can get more road names, but I don't have the mileage listings anymore.

Originally posted by worldtour:
chow up on your doorstep

Incidently, what that supposed to mean? Is that anything like chowing up in a bathtub at the Sno Drift?

-Chris 93 ATX SHO Ultra Red Evil ATX clone to Todras 91 SHO plus black/black, work in progress http://www.tri-statesho-svt.org
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
fat fingers...

Also the route is almost done, it should be about 250 miles long... about 40 of that is highway.

-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I talked to some of the people at work, and i'm pretty shure i will be able to switch if i work on that day. My girlfriend wants to go...so that takes another problem outa the way. So it looks like i'm going. 250 miles is like 2 - 2 1/2 hours right? The only reason i'm asking so many questions is because my dad is gonna want to know everything that is happening. like how long i'm gonna be gone, where does it start, where does it end, who are you going with, and all that stuff. So sorry if i'm being annoying with all the questions.

H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
Well, here are a couple things I learned today...

1. Never, and I mean NEVER ride with Mark on an empty stomach when he's mapping a cruise. And to make matters worse I had to look DOWN and write directions while he's doubling the speed limit around corners

2. This cruise is going to be the most amazing, most ambitious, most kick ass fun run this state has seen. From east to west on twisties and 2 lane country roads, over 250 miles. This cruise is 100% enthusiast certified and it will either kill you or turn your blood into Mobil 1. It's that good.

Mark will be posting details later on, including the PAGES of driving directions. Oh yeah, you'll need a co-driver for this one!

-Chris 93 ATX SHO Ultra Red Evil ATX clone to Todras 91 SHO plus black/black, work in progress http://www.tri-statesho-svt.org
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
Originally posted by lowridincontour:
I talked to some of the people at work, and i'm pretty shure i will be able to switch if i work on that day. My girlfriend wants to go...so that takes another problem outa the way. So it looks like i'm going. 250 miles is like 2 - 2 1/2 hours right? The only reason i'm asking so many questions is because my dad is gonna want to know everything that is happening. like how long i'm gonna be gone, where does it start, where does it end, who are you going with, and all that stuff. So sorry if i'm being annoying with all the questions.

2-2.5 hours.... no, double that.

We will be meeting up at Compuware Sports arena and the drivers meeting will be at 10:30AM sharp! As soon as thats over then people will be turned loose with directions. there are a couple noted stopping points for gas. After the first two (of four) legs of the cruise I used a half tank of gas easily. The reservations at Big T's is for 4:30-5pm I iwll be calling them while en route with times and final numbers for seating.

Big T's is off of exit 60 on I-94 so getting home is easy, just jump on the highway and drive straight home, will take about 2.5hrs to get home via freeway.
I will have the notes posted sometime tomorrow in pdf, doc, & txt formats.

-Mark

K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
For those of you who think this is alot of driving may I remind you to look at your calenders, thats all I'm saying and I wish I could drive my car all over our state for 5 hours that weekend, but I can't and I'm really pissed off about it too

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I am looking foward to joining you guys if i have my car back from terry haines in time. i hope it will be back but not planning on it yet.

NEW TOY 2000 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON PICKUP (FROM FLORIDA AND ONLY HAS 30,000 miles )(and stock NOT FOR LONG) ( Gone as of 11-25-03) 2000 Silver Frost Svt Contour With Stuff
W
Back In Black
OP Offline
Back In Black
W
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:
For those of you who think this is alot of driving may I remind you to look at your calenders, thats all I'm saying and I wish I could drive my car all over our state for 5 hours that weekend, but I can't and I'm really pissed off about it too

???

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by WorldTour:
Originally posted by The Striped SVT:

???

I say you drive one of your vans from work!! Fun in the twisties!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard