Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I don't know if this helps, but an Edelbrock muffler welded in place of the stock SVT resonator sounded really deep and good.

One or two Magnaflow or Flowmaster resonators would definitely help with sound levels.

Good luck, Matt!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
If you want an alternative that is less expensive, I have nothing but good things to say about my Bullet resonator. It was only about $60 installed and is straight-through and sounds great.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Id have to agree with Jsmiths post, I have 2 40 series original flowmaster on my car with the resonator gone. It sounds great! And exactly how JSmith put it. Only a little rasp once I start it up to go to school in the morning, otherwise none at all. Deep tone and at WOT its a beast!

Contour is SOLD 97 GST eclipse is SOLD 2002 S2K...
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I too am looking for a nice sounding setup.
The problem I've come across is the lack of good looking single setups for the tour.
I've seen the way the SVT pipes look on a normal rear and don't find the look appealing.
I was thinking of a flowmaster for the res and a borla for the muffler. I've yet to see a single exhaust on a tour with clean looking tips. About the best I've seen so far is a fart can in terms of appearence (not good), but would like something that doesn't looked 'tacked on' and provides more of a factory look.
Anyone have any suggestions? Also any comments on a FM/Borla with factory pipe setup.

Regards,

- John.

96 LX 3.0L MTX - Black/Tan K&N; 12lb F/W & uprated clutch 2.5" Pipe; SVT bits; Mystery Mod; Pull-tie Mod; UN-tuned Mod; 3rd Gear Synro-Crunch Mod 280K on the Shell, and 40ish on the Motor... 1/4 mile?? Yeah, it's a fun daily driver...
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
for good sound and performance go with dynomax resonator and magnaflow mufflers

98.5 Black SE ATX S&B filter, SVT MAF, optimized SVT TB, mesh grille, removed orange reflectors, painted rear reflector, gutted pre-cats, optimized SVT LIM, 19lb injectors, resonator removed cant afford an svt but lookin for 1 in nc
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by touredon:
The problem I've come across is the lack of good looking single setups for the tour.
I've seen the way the SVT pipes look on a normal rear and don't find the look appealing.
I was thinking of a flowmaster for the res and a borla for the muffler. I've yet to see a single exhaust on a tour with clean looking tips. About the best I've seen so far is a fart can in terms of appearence (not good), but would like something that doesn't looked 'tacked on' and provides more of a factory look.
Anyone have any suggestions? Also any comments on a FM/Borla with factory pipe setup.

Regards,

- John.

this isnt a good looking set of tips?

and i think i will go with flowmaster 40 series, thanks guys

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
you're the winnar so far you do not have a muffler after the flowmaster correct? i dont think a resonator alone is going to be quiet enough and i'd prefer the opinion of someone w/ 1 muffler and 2 tips, no res etc etc so i can get pretty similar results... the drone is just driving me ape-sh!t!!!

Oh, I forgot to say that I have the Flowmaster as the resonator and dual 4" round stainless Magnaflows for rear mufflers.

I used to have just the Magnaflows but I had to add something to tone it down. It was way to loud inside and out, plus, it sounded like crap.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

Regards,

- John.

Turn downs man, seen a nice looking se the other day with 2 turn downs at the rear bumber,you could barely see them. Depends on what you want, performance with a good FM and turn down or fart can
good luck

98.5 Black SVT 65 Red Mustang coupe 289 hi-po
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Speed Demon:

Regards,

- John.

this isnt a good looking set of tips?

and i think i will go with flowmaster 40 series, thanks guys

sounds like a good choice, I'm thinking I will go the same route. Let me know how it turns out.

98.5 Black SVT 65 Red Mustang coupe 289 hi-po
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Matt, from my experience with a one muffler system:
One muffler in the middle will still sound bad*ss. It's honestly not raspy...at least not raspy like the res-less 'tours are.
Drone isn't too bad. You'll certainly hear the exhaust, but that's good. Lower the rear seats, and you'll hear some more drone on the highway. I could dig up some (way too short) sound clips of a one-muffler system if you like.

BTW - go with something straight through for best flow (i.e. dynomax, magnaflow, or edlebrock). Guaranteed good sound from any of these choices, too.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard