Originally posted by mavrock:
Originally posted by lithium398:
lol, i accidentally clicked on dyno and drag just by habit, and noticed that i wasnt where i should be. i say you get rid of it for good, save madddd bandwidth.

I'm not trying to play Devil's advocate here, but how exactly will it save 'madddd bandwidth'?? Unless there are signigicantly large pictures all you're downloading is text. And let's face it, how many of us are on dial-ups, and of those who are, who's using anything slower than a 56k? My guess would be almost none. The current size of this thread is around 70K, and it's a full 2 pages...not a very large download at all...it's not like you can read faster than it's loading the page anyway. If you really want to eliminate something that hogs bandwidth, get rid of the Pics and Videos forum.

Also, isn't it possible and even probable that a lot of the BS that was in the Common Interests forums will just find its way to other forums like this one?

Again, I'm just trying to point a different side, not advocate it, I'm not even sure exactly why the CI forum is shut down, it was up when I went to bed last night and this is my first time on since.

I really do enjoy the forums here and hope it doesn't turn into a total waste of Internet space and honestly don't think that it will...there is a lot of good information on here.

Well the madddd bandwidth wasted is from the members that dont post on any place, BUT the CI area. For instance...

Originally posted by MrsFurby72:
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
I think this one is out of hand. I am so tired of "As the Furby turns" and the rest of you forlorn lovers on this site.

Yeah yeah, blame it on me, especially when I haven't posted but 1 thing in the past week. Geesh.

...who has made a recent life accomplishment of not posting in a week.

-and-

Zippy_Zetec
CEG'er

Reged: 09/26/03
Loc: TX