Originally posted by F111D F:
The overdrive indicator lamp is triggered if the instrument cluster module receives a signal which is output by the powertrain control module (PCM). This is the case when the driver locks into fourth gear by activating the overdrive switch. The indicator lamp is dimmed if the light switch is switched on

Operation of the Instrument Cluster Module

?? Activation of the overdrive control light

?? Triggering the low coolant level indicator lamp

?? Activation of the selector lever locking device solenoid

?? Triggering the park position warning chime

At some point shortly after I started this thread, another problem developed.  It became very difficult to get the selector to move out of the Park position.  I've forced it, and probably broken part of the mechanism that is meant to lock it into park.  I see, from your description, that this same module controls the O/D light and the solenoid which I apparently had to break in order to drive the car.  I think you've told me, now, where the problem is here.

Quote:

Bob do you have battery +12 on pin 16 DLC/OBD connector.

I dunno.  I'll have to check some time soon.

Another symptom has developed.  My wife had to take the car to go to a meeting.  On her return, she told me that she had hit a dip in the road rather harder than she thinks she ought to have, whereupon the speedometer ceased to work.  I have verified that both the speedometer and the odometer are now dead.  Is there any way that this could be related to the other problems? is it possible that this module also has anything to do with those?

She also reports having seen the O/D light flicker in a random way.  This suggests to me the hope that there's just a loose electrical connection somewhere, perhaps in the connector to this module of which you speak.

Hyster E60XM-33 1996 Mercury Mystique GS, Zetec, ATX To email me, remove the string HatesSpam from this address:BobHatesSpam@Blaylock.to